Prospecting gadgets and accessories

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkear

Geoff Mostyn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I’d start up a thread for gadgets and accessories that people may have found helpful.
Noted that the Minelab wireless headphones supplied with the 6000 didn’t come with a charging cable. Had to hunt around for a USB cable with a micro B plug to do the job. Found that especially when in the field even finding the cable hiding under a pile of stuff was annoying let alone fiddling around to make sure the Micro B plug and socket were aligned when trying to plug them together.
Aliexpress and probably Temu sell these magnetic USB adaptors and cables which help a lot. The micro B USB adaptor can be left permanently plugged into the headphones and then the magnetic end of the charging cable attaches itself when held just near.
Additionally the end of the charging cable glows so no more problems finding it in the dark.
You can get plug adaptors for iPads/phone, Android phones as well so the one cable does all.
I also think having a plug permanently in the charging socket of the headphones may potentially help prevent issues if moisture gets in.
IMG_2229.jpegIMG_2231.jpegIMG_2232.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s a neat solution there for a single cable for multiple devices.
That’s assuming that the one magnetic cable is compatible with USB C and micro B charging ports.
Do you get both types with the cable?
Most of my devices have the more current USB C port.

Yes, There seems to be three types of plug in adaptors that will work with the one cable. USB C, micro B and Apple.
There are however different magnetic coupling systems, flat, central pin, oval shaped from which to choose. Mine is the round flat type.
Matching adaptors and cables are usually sold as a set, but you can buy extra adaptors or cables of the type you want.
If searching Aliexpress or Temu just type in magnetic charging cables and each has got heaps. Temu is probably cheaper but postage dearer unless bundling I with other items. Aliexpress is probably cheaper for single posted items.
Also plenty on EBay.

image.jpg

Last edited:
These are great, I had 1 for my iPhone a while back, it also keeps the pocket fluff out of the port.
Here another cable I use to keep the cable clutter down, it works on the gpZ charger and the gpx and sdc battery’s, I plug it into the box in the second picture.

Attachments

• IMG_4384.jpeg
    IMG_4384.jpeg
    9.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4381.jpeg
    IMG_4381.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts