My XP Deus 2016 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are going to wear the Deus out at this rate, nice hunt Rocket. The pendant is different, he does look a bit crazy eyed though (or stoned)! :D

Couple hours this arvo with RJ, Sandta, and Sinhoff, who invited us to share a huge trench dug at a local beach. We all got silvers, and very toasted coppers. Enjoyable hunt thanks guys! One of my thrips is so rotted, dont think there is any point cleaning it lol I ran the deus in my park settings mode, discrim 1, reactivity 2, sensitivity 95. Even in the soaking wet sand it was quiet, and went deep.
1473755885_20160913_182415_resized.jpg

It is disappointing that the coins are stuffed, but like RJ said...there's the thrill of the hunt, and improving our skills. But the exercise, and spending time with you lot, is reason enough to be out there plucking toasted silver :)

Morning Ramjet & Rocket,
The thrill of the hunt is just one of the aspects that keeps us detecting, and the company of a group of friends with similar interests and skills is a real bonus too.
It's a real shame that so many of the targets recovered recently are in such bad shape, hence my comment about weather they are worth chasing; and I guess that brings us back to the thrill of the hunt and in saying that there is always the chance of unearthing something quite unique and special.
Cheer,s SinHof.

I live in Black Rock Victoria, old beach and rocky. Do you believe that I can find coins? what detector do you recommend for a new starter

Lozzie said:
I live in Black Rock Victoria, old beach and rocky. Do you believe that I can find coins? what detector do you recommend for a new starter

Hi Lozzie and welcome to the forum. You would be better off starting a new topic with your question. That way more people will see it and you will get more replies. :D

Cheers

Ramjet

SinHof said:
Morning Ramjet & Rocket,
The thrill of the hunt is just one of the aspects that keeps us detecting, and the company of a group of friends with similar interests and skills is a real bonus too.
It's a real shame that so many of the targets recovered recently are in such bad shape, hence my comment about weather they are worth chasing; and I guess that brings us back to the thrill of the hunt and in saying that there is always the chance of unearthing something quite unique and special.
Cheer,s SinHof.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ... the gold rings are what we chase and the coins are a bonus - we got over 20 oz's of beach silver in 2014 - it all adds up!

I sometimes read the park threads when you find an old war buttons, or trade tokens and wonder why some guys wet their pants over them ... but I guess everyone has a different idea about what the "good" treasure actually is. I love to see those beach coins because it tells me the potential gold rings buried along with the coins are close by! Great session guys!

Paulmarr said:
SinHof said:
Morning Ramjet & Rocket,
Cheer,s SinHof.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ... the gold rings are what we chase and the coins are a bonus - we got over 20 oz's of beach silver in 2014 - it all adds up!

I sometimes read the park threads when you find an old war buttons, or trade tokens and wonder why some guys wet their pants over them ... but I guess everyone has a different idea about what the "good" treasure actually is. I love to see those beach coins because it tells me the potential gold rings buried along with the coins are close by! Great session guys!

I have more fun in dirt, than I usually do in sand. But its the thrill of the hunt, especially on a site where we pick alot of old coins/relics in a shorter than normal time. I like the beach, and look forward to the storm tide hunts.

Latest posts