My XP Deus 2016 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit an old site today, that was location, location, location. Hall right age, surrounding houses right age, waterside location. But....fresh plugs everywhere....messy buggers as well. Still we instantly hit pre decs, often just in the sidewall of their plugs, or just a few inches away. After awhile two guys drove right into the grounds, and didnt get out. They were watching us, and it felt a bit off to be honest. I bit the bullet, and asked them if they were here to detect, they said no...just to watch. I am sure they were there intending to finish their honey hole, but why not get out of the car, and join us? At least they got a lesson in good detecting lol and we got some nice finds. They took off after nearly half an hour. We ended the hunt at another location..... after 2 hours or so, I eventually got jack of going over previously detected turf. The next spot showed good promise for a return hunt :) Got my first silver fullhouse :) Shame the shilling is toasty, but I did pluck it out of a hole with coke it in it, its in citric acid, going to keep my fullhouse together...took 18 months of detecting to happen! Today makes 11 days straight detecting!
1472715352_20160901_171438_resized.jpg
1472715380_20160901_171529_resized.jpg

OIhhh very nice detecting Rocket, what the pendant with the stone in it? Good or junk? Got a closeup of it??

Well done on the full house, great spot you found.

Its junk mate, needs a good clean...thinking the citric may eat it? Its aluminium, plastic stone.

G'Day Rocket,
Mate you and Ramjet are really lifting the bar with your finds today, great stuff.
SinHof.

Another fullhouse, great result Rocket. :eek: You sure showed up the other guys that were there, makes you wonder whether either of them owned a pinpointer. :D

G'Day Rocket.
Come rain hail or shine you're out there swinging, this hobby is sure addictive, good luck to you mate.
Cheers, SiinHof.

$704 with Deus in six months. All my detecting gear was paid for by goldies, plus I have lots of silver coins, jewellery, and cool relics. Admittedly I dont have much gear, but its very good gear, so its great to have a hobby that gives in so many ways, and is absolutely affordable :) Dont think I will keep score anymore, no need now :)

Evening Rocket,
Interesting stats and good going over a six month period. I had a quick count up of goldies and I'm travelling at about the same rate as your self in terms of decimal finds in the three months that I've been swinging the CTX3030.
To date I've not become too involved with the relic side of the hobby, being primarily due to learning the where with all of the new machine, that said though the relic/pre-decimal coin aspect to the hobby will gradually come to fruition as experience mounts.
Having now obtained a range of coil sizes and mounting experience, this great aspect to the detecting hobby should be a very rewarding, not just in finds but all of the other aspects that one experiences over time while out detecting, in short it's a fab adjunct to the winter gold detecting and it's pretty much in my back yard rather than a five or six hour drive out to the nearest worthwhile goldfield.
Cheers, SinHof.
PS; You will look pretty cool beach detecting through the summer months wearing your new Ray Ban sun glasses, grab a set of mankinies from Ramjet and you will really stand out among the beach crowds.

Latest posts