My Ace 350 hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This morning I detected around a modern cricket oval. Just a couple of hours, for exercise and practice. Pull tabs are a PITA, they read the same as coins, and there was tons of them, sometimes 3 in one hole. Found my first goldie :) two bucks! Only a foot away, a 5 cent. Hopefully as I add to this thread, my finds will improve.

Snug in the middle, of the overturned sod. Roundness in the hole! Lol

Some of my my finds...

Well done mate ... Now youve broken the barrier , you should be right... Off and running ;)
I think you should reconsider using that shovel though , probably ok in the outback .. Not so much in the parks

Dont know if you have a pro pointer Rocket but if you don't that should be your next purchase - you can pop those coins out with a screwdriver in quick time compared to digging around for the target .... can wait to see what you will unearth next!

Have a go at using some disrimination on the pull tabs, yes you will lose some of the lower denomination coins and possibly some gold jewellery, but will save some time digging those pesky things. :)

Thanks, comments appreciated :) Cant wait to get back out, am addicted now the coins have started to flow:)

Agree with Goldpick. Some days I just cherry pick the good stuff. Discriminate out the trash. I run my At Pro wide open and rely on my ears to pick the good targets. I guess it's a good compromise as I can hear all targets but get to decide what to dig.

Adding to silver's advice. Search youtube for coin popping.

Goldpick said:
Have a go at using some disrimination on the pull tabs, yes you will lose some of the lower denomination coins and possibly some gold jewellery, but will save some time digging
those pesky things. :)

Have just the last three tabs on now. Only things chiming are copper, 1 dollar, 2 dollar coins, and silver. The ring pulls seem to be cleared, but I thought I noticed today, that they detect in the soil, but when out dont detect? I am not sure though, it needs testing again. I hear you all about extraction, willmtake a screwdriver next time, and practice! I have been cutting clean sods, and placing them back neatly, but you can tell I was there. Buffalo grass repairs pretty quickly at least.

RKT, feel free to go over my posts from the beginning to now, even though I only use an ACE250 many of the settings and ways to use and set your ACE350 will be similar to mine, and I'm sure I've mentioned stuff like that, that will be of some benefit, if only in the simplest ways. Just click on my name and go down to show all posts and click on that,... if you start from the beginning it may take a while to search but, it will probably flow a little better through time,... if anything interests you , you can always click go to post, or go to topic to take you to where the action was happening at the time, hope this is helpful for you,..you being a garrett fellow and all.
Cheers and Beers.
Silver.

Both Silver and Goldpick's ( there is someone else but cant remember... Sorry someone ;) ) posts are well worth going through from the begining. Lots of valuable info to be gained . Any questions you have , to get a full proper understanding, just ask them . They have been great mentors for me . Im sure they will be happy to help you too.
The real secret is patience and perseverance. Confidence builds as the finds increase

I havent forgotten about you either ... We'll get together for a play date. Just been busy, havent been out much myself.

Sandta said:
Both Silver and Goldpick's ( there is someone else but cant remember... Sorry someone ;) ) posts are well worth going through from the begining. Lots of valuable info to be gained . Any questions you have , to get a full proper understanding, just ask them . They have been great mentors for me . Im sure they will be happy to help you too.
The real secret is patience and perseverance. Confidence builds as the finds increase

I havent forgotten about you either ... We'll get together for a play date. Just been busy, havent been out much myself.

Love to know who it is Sandta? Always interested on reading those more skilled than myself.

Snuck out at lunchtime, and tried a spot that I knew had a house on it, decades ago. Lead, lead, lead, shame I dont fish. I stopped digging it, if the target was big, I moved on. Two interesting pieces of lead though, one half sphere, and another that looks like a button. Tried the, holding the pinpoint button down way of detecting as well. You can cover alot of ground, and release the button to check for discrimination easily. No doubt with practice, this could be the way I detect with the ace350, its speeding-up the process of targeting (much less swinging).

Way to go RKT, works wonderful like that, don't it. I wish it had a toggle switch for that job though,... it would be less strain on the digit.

Latest posts