Lawnvale/lornvale station (FNQ)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day members,

I hope everyone's been finding plenty of that shiny stuff.

Just a quick post asking if anyone has been out Lawnvale/Lornvale station FNQLD for a swing? Thinking about heading to Western Creek for a few days then out to Lornvale for a little bit.
Coming up from Broken Hill NSW mid to late August.
Any info would be great.

Happy prospecting!
Cheers,

didnt go to LV this year, just WC, but I didnt stay there more than a couple of days due to the grass cover. not impossible, just harder work than I wanted.

LV will be same but there are rockier bits by western creek that would stay low.

to access LV you either need to stay at Forsayth caravan park who will issue a day pass for every day you are booked in the CP or you stay at WC / Georgetown CP and goto LV homestead for the day pass. Either way it is $30pd just to detect on LV. You cant camp on LV.

Flat Ck is $10pd camp and detect and WC is $100 pw camp and detect.

didnt go to LV this year, just WC, but I didnt stay there more than a couple of days due to the grass cover. not impossible, just harder work than I wanted.

LV will be same but there are rockier bits by western creek that would stay low.

to access LV you either need to stay at Forsayth caravan park who will issue a day pass for every day you are booked in the CP or you stay at WC / Georgetown CP and goto LV homestead for the day pass. Either way it is $30pd just to detect on LV. You cant camp on LV.

Flat Ck is $10pd camp and detect and WC is $100 pw camp and detect.
Awesome mate, thanks for the info.
From what I hear WC and LV are the 2 better ones of the pay to detect stations, but there are a few to choose from. Trying to get onto other station owners but getting contact details is tricky sometimes. My brother and I went up to Palmer last year and found abit of color . It was a great experience and beautiful country but hard to access a majority of the available land even with a capable 4wd.
I have heard of the possibility of Mt Mulligan but not sure what the go is.

Awesome mate, thanks for the info.
From what I hear WC and LV are the 2 better ones of the pay to detect stations, but there are a few to choose from. Trying to get onto other station owners but getting contact details is tricky sometimes. My brother and I went up to Palmer last year and found abit of color . It was a great experience and beautiful country but hard to access a majority of the available land even with a capable 4wd.
I have heard of the possibility of Mt Mulligan but not sure what the go is.
100% no access at mulligan.

Latest posts