It's the Ungybungyboh......and treasure!!! (hopefully.....one day)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty good going, most of the goldies look like reasonably recent drops too, nice to know people are so careless with their money. ;)

I am struggling to piece together more than $10 at our local beaches at the moment, I go for the exercise more than anything (that's my excuse). :D

Had a good look at the ring this morning in daylight, no writing and after running it past the coil again it comes up as a solid 12:40 on the CTX so assuming it is a silver ring someone picked up from a cheap jeweler in Bali or something, its very thin, almost too thin too actually stamp 925 on it.

Most of the coins are shallow pickings with the occasional 30cm deep target. It is a popular beach in an affluent area, just wish they where as careless with the gold rings and bling :)

Maybe a much loved ring that's worn down from the inside and the numbers worn away over time.

Evening diggers,

I noticed a bit of a gathering/corroboree (300+) on a part of the beach I had already half heartily trawled, thought a double check of the terrain was in order..

8am to 930am this morning resulted in this.....I think I have all guns blazing......;)

Also had my first coin spill find.....$12 in one spot just under surface..

Just need some REAL gold!!!!

1418891396_imag0700.jpg

Hey mate,

Well done. Time and effort = reward!

You realise just how good detectors are once you spend more and more time with them, learning their strengths and quirks.

UBBA UBBA UBBA, what a long picture of beauty,...keep that up.

Thanks guys!

And your right RS, the more time I spend with my lovely carbon legged beauty...the more I respect her...

I actually picked up a couple of those $2 right over a steel mesh in the beach that is about 15-20cm deep, depending on where you are....I am slowly learning her secrets :)

Good evening Diggettes n Diggers,

Sorry for the tardy response....struggling to get over 20 days in Thailand (was meant to be 11....woops, Thai time!)

Anyway.....I dont have any treasure for you tonight, but I just want to tease you..As some of you who know me, I will be relocating soon, HUGE life change!!

These past 20 days have made me feel all the better for my choice, and this thread will soon come too an end as I hunt greener pastures...

There will be a couple more local hunts...thereafter lookout for my prospecting on life thread.......

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_KJAg8bHI[/video]

Managed to get out for a quick swing at the local tonight...

1.5hrs later.....$48!!!

I love this beach, the $2 is the most common find.

Also ordered my drone and camera yesterday, will be documenting my travels over next few months with it, probably go back and live in Thailand for a month or two once I have relocated all my gear upto FNQ.

1423319067_10404273_10153082920654524_5492367621719537890_n.jpg

What is the call of Thailand UBB, if you don't mind my asking, and can you find stuff over there with your detector.

Sorry for late reply Silver, been busy packing.....off too FNQ for a sea change and to GTFO of Sydney.

I have been too Thailand a few times mate, know some people who live over there on Koh Phangan, have found my little hidy hole and piece of paradise I can relax and unwind, thats why I keep going back. And once I am out of this joint in Sydney, it will actually be cheaper to live over there for a couple months with my stuff in storage back in Oz.

Have never taken a detector over there before and never intend too!!!!

My drone however..........

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/RXJpWQAg5To[/video]

That's unreal UBB, can't wait to see FNQ and your patch of paradise vids when they happen, absolutely fantastic visuals and music combos,... I see someone on tellie making big money getting proposals from on the ground and above for the lovies and their special moment memories about $3000 a throw,... but I think he is organising live music and choreographing the surrounding circumstances a bit for them as well(and pays a support crew out of that money). Oh well, the rich can and do pay for things we can only dream about ;) .

Cheers and Beers.
Silver.

I have defiantly considered it for prospecting and many other options.

Looking at getting my credentials so I can do it commercially.....CASA is very very strict....But I dont think they have jurisdiction in Thailand, that's another ball game.

As with any tech, there are limits...thats why I was out flying over the bloody water, I took a risk too test the effective range, got nowhere near it, too busy water and sky wise..choppers....float planes....masts........ And I have to be able to see the bloody thing! (I have to keep a 30m distance from people, buildings and vehicles/boats etc for one example)

Apparently she is good for 1km with setup....BUT you dont want any trees or hills, buildings in way....then failsafe kicks in if she looses comms, and she will fly home and land where she started from......if you have GPS sats that is.....and you where not stupid and flew it beyond battery range to get home.

Definitely a great technology to be able to do what it does so well,... the future is upon us,... I like how they can use the tech to check out crops to see what needs fertilizing and what needs spraying for pests or just plain old watering or harvesting,.. on seeing your latest vid, I imagine a polarized lens(thank you Mrs Silver for the word) enabling you to see into the water a lot better(without the sun glare) as you fly around above it.

Latest posts