I found this yesterday when I was fishing and Google lense said it's from Egypt I think. Is it gold? I haven't got a clue.t.i.a

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1000000296.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240723-114820.png
    Screenshot_20240723-114820.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240723-115037.png
    Screenshot_20240723-115037.png
    173 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240723-114935.png
    Screenshot_20240723-114935.png
    188.3 KB · Views: 0
Sorry mate, hard to say what it actually is from just one photo, but it doesn't look like gold and most definitely it isn't Egyptian! (Unless you were fishing somewhere in Egypt... in that case it still wouldn't be gold but perhaps it could be described as "Egyptian")
L.o.l. I got it from. sker beach in S.W u.k.place is steeped In history mostly very dark if you look into it they even based a video game around it .Won't spoil it for you but I wouldn't be surprised if it was pirate booty. I dont think it's aluminium can it's to light, might be iron or led maybe

L.o.l. I got it from. sker beach in S.W u.k.place is steeped In history mostly very dark if you look into it they even based a video game around it .Won't spoil it for you but I wouldn't be surprised if it was pirate booty. I dont think it's aluminium can it's to light, might be iron or led maybe
Iron is a lot heavier than aluminium and will always be found rusted, so it isn't iron.
Lead, gold and silver are all very much heavier than aluminium, so it probably isn't those either.
If it isn't aluminium, the only other lightweight metals that come to mind are magnesium and titanium.
Given the location, my guess would be that it's wartime debris, perhaps from a crashed, burning Spitfire. I suggest you take it to a local museum and see if they have any ideas.

Latest posts