Hi from the Mid North Coast

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm living in the Mid North Coast region. Always had a passion for fossiking, the thrill of the chase and the rewarding feeling with the find. Lots of experience with sapphire fossicking, a few gold panning trips and I must say I am looking forward to getting back in to the swing of things. Think I've been bitten by the gold bug! And can hear the call of the precious gems!

Great to see that you finally joined us :) There's lots of info here and a lot of knowledgeable people that will help answer any questions you may have.
Good luck in the hunt.

A huge thank you for the warm welcome Old Fella, Jaros and The Duck. I have been reading some of the awesome topics here, and it's inspiring and very helpful. I am definitely going to have to see if I can arrange a trip for a hunt over the holiday season. I'll also see if I can take a few pics of my sapphire finds and write up a few stories :D .

Hi GD, yes, you will be able to post your pictures once you have posted 10 times. Post some of those pictures of the big holes that you dug looking for sapphires that you showed me :)

Guys, this lady can dig and fossick longer than a lot of blokes I know :p

Welcome G.D,
The folks here on P.A are a great source of knowledge.
Good luck in the field

Thank you Horse, yes, I've been doing a lot of reading on here and found a lot very helpful. Thank you, and Good luck to you also :)

Latest posts