GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redfin said:
Remember we in Aust are a very minor share of their market.
This is no "hobby" machine and will be priced accordingly.
For that I am grateful [in a way],
if every man and his dog could afford one the GT would be crowded with weekend warriors.
selfish maybe, but that is the way it is.
Like any investment, Money makes money.

Well If they Aussie market is that small then it won't damage their bottom line to sell them at a normal Price would it,???
If they were selling 4 or 5 million to Aussie's then I could understand it, But what are we talking about 4 or 5000 machines at the most,

Never mind there has to be a Balance Somewhere, Aye

I still hope it is a great addition to the end user and Minelab.

John

Marty said:
ML took many years to make it , there is a reason its call "Supper Gold Detector"" as other will find out soon enough

Marty

Well Time will tell, As of yet it is unproven and we are all just Guessing, So good luck to them with It,

It's not the price that bothers me, it's the special Aussie prices that most companies charge that bother me, especially with free trade agreements in place with a lot of other countries we import goods from.

I'm with Wolf and will buy a 2nd hand one if I want one.

Surely its gotta be better then 5000. Its 5 years in the making. In fact.. more. caus the 4500 was out in 2008. So at a minimum its had 7 years of new technology and advancements put into it. Minelab aint stupid and they wouldn't release a detector that wasn't up to scratch, especially their flagship model. Have any of their detectors turned out to be flops? The SDC2300 turned out to be a rippa detector so one can only imagine how well the 7k will preform. Surely these things will pay for themselves over a few years of use, hopefully less. Im getting one the day it comes out, I'm far too excited to wait.

Heatho said:
It's not the price that bothers me, it's the special Aussie prices that most companies charge that bother me, especially with free trade agreements in place with a lot of other countries we import goods from.

Yep good Idea,

But there again you have some beautiful machines already, and although the SDC has a couple of small issues, I think that machine is the money maker and a Game Changer, Lee (re62Burke) proved that,

Gotta Love this Hobby

john

Ridge Runner said:
Heatho said:

Yep good Idea,

But there again you have some beautiful machines already, and although the SDC has a couple of small issues, I think that machine is the money maker and a Game Changer, Lee (re62Burke) proved that,

Gotta Love this Hobby

john

I have a SDC and methinks that the 7000 may have the capability to do what the SDC 2300 can do, plus punch deep for those big ones not yet found. But then that would tend to kill their SDC sales!!! Whatever, you still have to walk over it, know what your detector is telling you and dig all possible targets. I'll keep playing with the SDC for now until we see what the new beast can do.

Rob.

Just because a new model comes out doesn't mean the superseded model automatically stop finding gold.

Remember that the nuggets found you read about on the internet [like the 87oz yesterday] represent less than 1% of what is actually found.
I visit the Gt for 4 days every fortnight and each trip hear of all sorts of finds, small and large, near and far.
And i wouldn't dare repeat that information on a public forum.
If I or others have great success with the 7000 will I post it here, No way sunshine.
Only a stupid few will do that.
I will share how it works, settings etc but that is it.

rc62burke said:
Big Nugget said:

Interesting!!
So at what price point will you say NO, considering it is a non-refundable deposit, which I find wrong! just interested to know due to you putting down a deposit without a firm end price.
Lee

i know the price range so shouldn't be any surprises 8)

Couple of interesting statements coming out of the US conference:
- 40% more depth is average not the MAX. It was adjusted for different coils & conditions in extensive testing so no - a GPX with a 20" coil won't be better. It was tested against both the GPX5000 & SDC2300 (assuming for small gold sensitivity). In optimal conditions testing it actually went up to 200% deeper.
- totally new technology from Bruce Candy not something adapted for metal detecting
- totally new coil technology i.e mono's have a single winding, DD's have two windings, the Super D is different than those two formats
- the GPX5000 will still be in the lineup as it is PI technology
- the GPZ will most definitely be the new Minelab flagship detector

Ring the bank manager & watch this space :lol:

I believe reason for Minelab to price in US$ is to simplify selling across the world. Pretty hard to deal with for example African countries and ask them to pay in AU$, much simpler for all counties to pay in US$ being the main world currency. On the other side of the coin, if the Aussie $ had risen and not fallen against US$, then we would be paying less for the 7000 than in the US.

But...There is an upside

Gold per ounce in US: $1244
Gold per ounce in AU: $1592

Gold is worth more here than in the US, so the tonnes of gold the 7000 should be pulling from the ground will be worth more here than in the US. Let's hope it lives up to the hype...

Redfin said:
Just because a new model comes out doesn't mean the superseded model automatically stop finding gold.

Remember that the nuggets found you read about on the internet [like the 87oz yesterday] represent less than 1% of what is actually found.
I visit the Gt for 4 days every fortnight and each trip hear of all sorts of finds, small and large, near and far.
If I or others have great success with the 7000 will I post it here, No way sunshine.

Hi mate, "Only a stupid few will do that" - just to clarify things, your not saying that those of us who show some of our finds here on the forum to support the forum and give inspiration to new folks are "stupid"?

Winterwood said:
I believe reason for Minelab to price in US$ is to simplify selling across the world. Pretty hard to deal with for example African countries and ask them to pay in AU$, much simpler for all counties to pay in US$ being the main world currency. On the other side of the coin, if the Aussie $ had risen and not fallen against US$, then we would be paying less for the 7000 than in the US.

But...There is an upside

Gold is worth more here than in the US, so the tonnes of gold the 7000 should be pulling from the ground will be worth more here than in the US. Let's hope it lives up to the hype...

But that doesn't work, Because minelab U.S.A. doesn't supply Australia's Detectors and what ever the gold market is doing does not relate to the Aussie Dollar only the Exchange Rate for Dollar per Dollar does.
Because the gold is sold to brokers in Australia and if they want to export that gold that is their loss No One is forcing them to sell it on to overseas buyers, That's up to them
There is no way should this be A burden for Aussie Detector/Prospector to endure As to using the Exchange Rate as an Excuse to Fleece The Australian Public when they are Buying An Australian Product. Because the Pound is worth $1.91 the last time I checked and if that was the standard then we would have to pay over $20,000 for the GPZ, Like I said the US Dollar has nothing to do with the cost of them in Australia, Unless Minelab are selling them all to the US and Australia is Having to buy them Back, which is 2 lots of freight One each way plus import Duty and why would they do that, It just doesn't make sense.

john

Oldfella said:
Redfin said:

Hi mate, "Only a stupid few will do that" - just to clarify things, your not saying that those of us who show some of our finds here on the forum to support the forum and give inspiration to new folks are "stupid"?

I really get a kick out of seeing members finds, It gives some of us less fortunate members the drive to get out there, So Yes it is Very Important, Along with increasing the Post count and bring New Members to the Forum, The finds and the stories behind them are what keeps the forum going,

John

Oldfella said:
Hi mate, "Only a stupid few will do that" - just to clarify things, your not saying that those of us who show some of our finds here on the forum

Not at all mate, I do from time to time as well, but pick what I show. I can understand someone that goes out every now and again
showing a pic of a 2 or 4 grammer.

Ridge Runner said:
Winterwood said:

But...There is an upside

But that doesn't work, Because minelab U.S.A. doesn't supply Australia's Detectors and what ever the gold market is doing does not relate to the Aussie Dollar only the Exchange Rate for Dollar per Dollar does.
Because the gold is sold to brokers in Australia and if they want to export that gold that is their loss No One is forcing them to sell it on to overseas buyers, That's up to them
There is no way should this be A burden for Aussie Detector/Prospector to endure As to using the Exchange Rate as an Excuse to Fleece The Australian Public when they are Buying An Australian Product. Because the Pound is worth $1.91 the last time I checked and if that was the standard then we would have to pay over $20,000 for the GPZ, Like I said the US Dollar has nothing to do with the cost of them in Australia, Unless Minelab are selling them all to the US and Australia is Having to buy them Back, which is 2 lots of freight One each way plus import Duty and why would they do that, It just doesn't make sense.

john

Hi Ridgerunner, fair enough.

The Pound like the Aussie dollar is not normally used as a base currency for international companies, while the US$ is. An item based on US dollars and bought or sold in Australia will be of greater value as the AUD/USD exchange rate falls.

Gold is based on USD. If bought or sold in Australia the price is converted to AUD based on the AUD/USD exchange rate. So, if the AUD/USD exchange rate falls then we are paid more for our gold compared to selling it in the US.

Presuming I am correct and minelab are setting the price of their products based on the USD and not on the local currency where it is being bought from, then like gold the price of their product would increase here in Australia as the AUD/USD exchange rate falls.

Anyway, I do get your point of view and don't entirely disagree. It would be nice for them to provide a 'local' discount when selling to Aussies who have supported them from early on.

Now, back to waiting for more info on the GPZ :D

Cheers

Winterwood said:
Ridge Runner said:
Winterwood said:

But...There is an upside

john

Hi Ridgerunner, fair enough.

The Pound like the Aussie dollar is not normally used as a base currency for international companies, while the US$ is. An item based on US dollars and bought or sold in Australia will be of greater value as the AUD/USD exchange rate falls.

Gold is based on USD. If bought or sold in Australia the price is converted to AUD based on the AUD/USD exchange rate. So, if the AUD/USD exchange rate falls then we are paid more for our gold compared to selling it in the US.

Presuming I am correct and minelab are setting the price of their products based on the USD and not on the local currency where it is being bought from, then like gold the price of their product would increase here in Australia as the AUD/USD exchange rate falls.

Anyway, I do get your point of view and don't entirely disagree. It would be nice for them to provide a 'local' discount when selling to Aussies who have supported them from early on.

Now, back to waiting for more info on the GPZ :D

Cheers

Yep I agree,

I would be nice it they gave the detecting world a bit more info as to what people are Selling body parts for,
As for the 200% depth increase I am wondering if they have built a MAG into it.

On a lighter note, now if that's the case can you imagine digging down 4 meters to find a coke can or an Iron pot :eek:
Its hard enough digging out in the bush as it is with going down that far for an Iron pot,

Most PI's go down many feet as in 5 to 6 feet and more if the target is big enough, I know this machine is going to help people sleep at night, Optional extras, Kango, Mini Digger, JCB, Heart Starting Kits for us Ole Buggers Complete with Jump Leads,

john

Latest posts