Fisher F75 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The NEL Sharpshooter arrived today, should be a perfect size for relic hunting over the stock 11" coil (9.5x5.5"), also 100 grams lighter. I used one of these on the Tesoro Vaquero way back, managing a deep florin as its debut coin target, even dabbled in some gold detecting with it. Can't wait to give it a run tomorrow on the F75. :)

1481028810_img_20161206_231446.jpg

B5MECH said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: Already with a new coil :eek: :eek: :eek:
That would make a huge difference in junky areas

Yep, even after an initial run on an iron filled relic site, I could tell straight away that I was simply getting two many targets under the 11" coil to get any sense out of the audio, plus possible issues with masking. Normally you would get the Fisher 5" DD coil included with the more expensive limited version of the F75, the standard edition F75 only gets the stock 11" coil, hence the purchase.

I must say the smaller Sharpshooter is just about the perfect weight for this detector, and being elliptical in design, you still get reasonable ground coverage without the feeling that you have a hockey puck attached to the end of the shaft. :)

Nice coil goldpick , I picked up a nel attack 15 x 17 for the old sov gt , goes well. You will have great results with the eliiptical .

Danny

Hi goldpick
Im surprised you went with the f75 and not the f75 ltd. The ltd is a beast compared to the standard f75, on depth and target identification.
I agree though the display is very easy to read / learn. And fisher make top detectors. After using the standard f75 for a while youll appreciate the benefits of the ltd version