First Hunt Ever!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rocketaroo said:
Love this thread, awesome finds. Are you descriminating everything out, except for the last 4 bars? I have started to do this, but am concerned I may miss the three and sixpense silvers. I dont have any to test with either.

Hey Rocket,

Yep, most of the time oh on the last four bars. Tried a few runs on just relic mode and that was how I picked up the 5 & 20c peices but when you only are allowed out for a short time It is much quicker for me to just pick out the higher targets and miss all those chunky gold rings and sov's. :D

Thanks mate & cheers!!!

Mike.

Hey Everyone,

Been awhile but just spend the last week up on the Central Coast to see my Parents.

Was an experience that I will never forget...... 100kph + winds, 300mm + rain, 3 days without power, flooding, hundreds of trees and fences down and two kids under 5 going crazy the whole time. I know a lot of people suffered worse than me though and I hope all affected can recover as soon as possible.

After almost a a week finally got out to the beach for a hunt with my Ace 250 after almost all the sand had been ripped away by the huge winds and waves. Went to two different beaches, one was already crawling with swingers!!!

The second had no one and the tide was so low I was walking out to were the shore break usually was and picking up $2 coins that were being exposed.

1429870882_image.jpg

1429870907_image.jpg

1429870936_image.jpg

1429870956_image.jpg

1429870986_image.jpg

1429871017_image.jpg

1429871054_image.jpg

Had a ball even though I dug a lot of BB's. Sad to leave as there would have been heaps more to find but as said I enjoyed it immensely for my second beach hunt ever!!!

Mike! :D

BTW forgot to add that the 250 was working a treat in the salt water. Had sens at 3-4 bars at times and did not have any issues, even had it submersed in 1 foot of water without so much of a false!!!

Happy Mike!

The propellor badge is a military one, sorry I can't post pics but it's RAAF, I think WW2
C

Cheers Ramjet, good to know, I have a very nice example of this badge in my collection, have'nt looked at it for a while though, has the 2 pins and back plate still attached, think I might have a picture of one being worn too. Will get on it in the morning when it's light.
C

Pulled it out and had a look, it's one big long pin that goes thru the 2 loops to hold the backplate in place
C

Hi Colin,

Thanks for that. I just did a search and it looks like it was worn by the Flight Leader???

Would be cool if we could see yours?

Cheers
Mikezoom

Sorry for the naff pics, only have my sons ipod.. wife has borrowed my camera, but they can let you see it anyway, sometimes these badges are marked K.C. LUKE on the back left hand side.
C
1430010832_prop1.jpg

I would love to find one of these, MUCH better than just buying one :) great find Mike hope you get many others in the future
C

One for Rocket!!!

Went for a 30min scout of a park ajacent to some old Rugby fields with my new Ace 350 and used the 5x8in coil I got along with the larger one.

First signal within 10 meters of the car...
1431084230_image.jpg

They do exist!!!

Then some BB and a few $...
1431084281_image.jpg

Light clean with warm water and soap...
1431084318_image.jpg

And the trash...
1431084341_image.jpg

Keep at it Rocket!!! :)

Mike!

Latest posts