Durikai, Talgai, Thanes creek (Qld) Queensland information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The map in the original post is sideways, here it is the correct way around:

Pratten.jpg

Blairathol is shown on his map above and also on your satellite photo and map, so that common point should allow you to locate the area indicated by the tip of his pointer above.

Got it, just trying to work out the topography/soil change on our place for where to start looking, any ideas?

Attachments

• cid_12.jpg
    cid_12.jpg
    252.7 KB
I would dare say the drawn map is not to scale. But going by this, and the plotting of houses, this would be a fair indicator of where the pen is pointing at. Looks to be private property. Also could just be a pen sitting on a map. Not sure if it has any significance.
Area shown on map overlay.jpg

I would dare say the drawn map is not to scale. But going by this, and the plotting of houses, this would be a fair indicator of where the pen is pointing at. Looks to be private property. Also could just be a pen sitting on a map. Not sure if it has any significance.
It was the bloke who posted the map who said the tip of the pointer was significant:
hi feral, have you given a thought of Dunns gully near pratten,
its at the head of gum tree flat, about 5km from pratten
on the big hill road.In the gold rush of times gone by a
lot of good nuggets came from there. Biggest was 55ozs.
here is a map of the area, at the tip of the pointer, sorry about the size,
and orientation. good luck.

Cool. If he meant Dunns gully, it is on private property. And there is a current mining lease on it. It is west of the Talgai Fossicking area off Big Hill Road.
The tip of the pointer is way off. Golden Gate mine was on Dunns Gully, which you can see halfway up his pen. Although he says the map of the area is at the tip of the pointer I think, so maybe thats what he meant.

Latest posts