Do Tick Bites Cause Depression

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do Paralysis Shell Back Tick Bites cause Depression.
Over the last couple of months i`ve been intermediately removing lantana and priviet regrowth whilst land clearing.
i`ve just come out of another bout of tick bite poisoning this time around was fairly servere with half a dozen on the skull and three around the neck.
This batch are very small and near impossible to remove so much so half a liter of metho spirits i`ve poured over my head this week trying to evacuate these creatures to no avail.
So today i decided to do a make over and shaved my hair off to tackle the blighters...and the head aches have been terrible.
So what i`m trying to present here is on the four recent accounts over a couple of months.
I`ve asked myself why am i feeling so depressed not just down and flat on energy but that also.
Each time on the four accounts i came up with the same answer ```are it`s the tick bites.``
It took me 4 episodes of cognitive thinking to realizes and conclude that tick poisoning is causing me Depression.
nota bene . NB.

Cheers. didn`t get the rashes but the head aches were of a migraine type a little like a intense covid cold.
My English language..:rolleyes:

Visit to the quack is in order mate as depression comes in many forms. Cheers
Thankz for the concern mate.
Lots of trauma on this side of the fence at the End of the Day the problems only go away after you stop thinking about them in regard to mental health.
Quack wrote me a script for Zoloft 20 years back of which i never cashed in.
Each to their own but i`d never take anti depressants no matter what.
Certainly never mix it with alcohol from what i`ve seen.
Others just use alcohol or other relative substances to find a way out.
We All suffer at times that is the Dukkha in the Pali language.
Personally i think everyone has a bout of depression more so than they would like to admit.

I've had tick bite fever back in Zimbabwe a few times and it's horrible. I know of of few Zimbaweans over here who've had it again while being out bush here and say it's the same symptoms, when confronting the medical professionals over here, they were told it doesn't occur in Australia. Bad fever with very high temperatures ( to the point of hallucinating )and profuse sweating, followed by extremely cold bouts where no amounts of blankets would suffice, headaches from hell, painful joints and even vision being affected. (symptoms do vary though, this was my experience) Then to top it off, if the head of the tick was left still attached to the body, that would also go septic. Similar symptoms, to tick bite fever, but if it doesn't occur here, and you've had ticks on you. What is it? Lyme disease and Tick bite fever are 2 different things.

Ledum ( Wild Rosemary ) in a tincture and tablet form i`ve been taking as a homeopathic remedy.
Regardless that there is a veterinary report stating it has no effect with tick bites of whom i`ve met & he`s full of S***.
The lady at the heath food shop that supplied me ( on the above ) said he would say that ...
I`ve had dogs in the past Blue Cattle that are some what more immune than most hounds but were parallelized and on their last legs respond positively from administering Ledum & were up & running around a couple of hours after ingestion.
Even a parallelized three legged American Staffy near dead and soon after administration running around.
The lady also refered me to Brauer Allegy Oral Spray as her husband used it on tick bites with positive results.
I know that allergy antihistamine tablets work well on spider,insect bites & alike so i`ve been throwing a few of those down through out this lengthy altercation from nature... .
The antihistamine tablets you can also dissolve and apply as a topical cream. Again with positive results as i have witnessed.
These tinny F`n Shell Back things makes you wonder what their Life Purpose is ?
Prevention is better than cure but i cannot even work out how to prevent the creatures without walking around with tarpaulin over my head.
If it wasn`t Fire Season i`d douse the area with fuel and ignite the scrub and give them a taste of their own medicine.
F`n Things.

Last edited:
Back in military training days we did some in whe Wongan Hills (North of Perth) We were warned not to sleep under black boys due to tick infestation.
One idiot didn't take this advice, he ended up with countless ticks attached next inspection.
Tick Inspection: We laugh about it now but at the time it was embarrassing. Form up naked and we inspected one another including the crack of bums.🤣😅😂 If ticks were found, only medical staff could remove them to alleviate leaving their heads buried under skin trying to pull them ourselves.

Ledum ( Wild Rosemary ) in a tincture and tablet form i`ve been taking as a homeopathic remedy.
Regardless that there is a veterinary report stating it has no effect with tick bites of whom i`ve met & he`s full of S***.
The lady at the heath food shop that supplied me ( on the above ) said he would say that ...
I`ve had dogs in the past Blue Cattle that are some what more immune than most hounds but were parallelized and on their last legs respond positively from administering Ledum & were up & running around a couple of hours after ingestion.
Even a parallelized three legged American Staffy near dead and soon after administration running around.
The lady also refered me to Brauer Allegy Oral Spray as her husband used it on tick bites with positive results.
I know that allergy antihistamine tablets work well on spider,insect bites & alike so i`ve been throwing a few of those down through out this lengthy altercation from nature... .
The antihistamine tablets you can also dissolve and apply as a topical cream. Again with positive results as i have witnessed.
These tinny F`n Shell Back things makes you wonder what their Life Purpose is ?
Prevention is better than cure but i cannot even work out how to prevent the creatures without walking around with tarpaulin over my head.
If it wasn`t Fire Season i`d douse the area with fuel and ignite the scrub and give them a taste of their own medicine.
F`n Things.
Homeopathic remedy for what, the tick bite or the depression? IMO, not that it is worth anything mate, go and get professional help, whatever it takes and leave Dr. Google alone. Mackka

Latest posts