Cannot buy a miners prospecting pick on eBay because Queensland Police considered as a knife what the #$%*

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
a member of Lapidary club in Brisbane and one of the things I like doing is fossicking for Gems and certain rock types like petrified wood in outback Queensland only been doing it for the last couple years so I decided that I’ll get small little miners prospecting pick so I looked on E Bay. I found one to buy

It said on eBay due to the restrictions of sale of knives in Queensland this item is not for purchase in your location please see the Queensland Police website for more information

Well I am in my mid fifty’s no criminal records I can’t believe this a miners prospecting pick is considered as weapon well driving a car is weapon too kill peoples every day on our roads so is a steak knife so is a baseball bat in which many people would have under there beds with this youth crime going on to protect themselves

Just wandering how many other items are not actual knifes are caught up in this band in Queensland’s

Attachments

• IMG_2728.png
    IMG_2728.png
    1 MB
  • IMG_2727.png
    IMG_2727.png
    92.5 KB
  • IMG_2730.png
    IMG_2730.png
    362.9 KB
  • IMG_2729.png
    IMG_2729.png
    1.9 MB
back to stone tools and walking, oh that's right it's only the police that can have every conceivable piece of weaponry hanging from their body while they wander around protecting us, FFS what a joke

What is the definition of a knife in the Qld law?

(7) In this section— "knife" includes a thing with a sharpened point or blade that is reasonably capable of— (a) being held in 1 or both hands; and. (b) being used to wound or threaten to wound anyone when held in 1 or both hands. "public place" includes a vehicle that is in or on a public place.