AlgoForce e1500 coil recommendations?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, some coils appear to be problematic on the AlgoForce. I too tried a mates 12” Evo on mine and found that it was very bump/ touch sensitive..... maybe just this particular coil though. It was still detecting targets okay when swinging off the ground, but contact with anything gave a response. Couldn’t use it.
My own 14x9 Evo runs great though. These spiral coils are very sensitive and definitely need ground balancing often in variable terrain. Also depending on coil size the correct timing makes a huge difference in how smooth they will run. The finer timings can make them more unstable compared to the bundle wounds.
Auto ground tracking would be a blessing on the Algo as well.
Hi i just recently went to Clermont with the algoforce and the n/f mk2 sadie very sensative had to knock the sensativety down to around 19 also found had to ground balance a lot to quieten it up a little also was a little Knock sensative but i was dealing with that but also i want to know with the new update what is the best coil on the algoforce to punch down deeper than the sadiemk2.i will say was finding little bits of metal that has been missed bye other detectors i think ground tracking would be awesome on the algoforce as well .

If you were hunting in very mineralised ground and running in Ultra fine gold, then this could explain the extra sensitivity you were getting. In very hot ground I tend to use Small gold or even Normal.
As far as extra depth goes then a larger coil is your answer obviously. My 14x9 Evo is the coil I go to when I need some extra punch, when conditions suit. It is also very sensitive on the small stuff. Anything bigger on the Algo seems to unbalance it for me.

Latest posts