AlgoForce e1500 coil recommendations?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried the Coiltek Elite 14x9” and Elite 14” round on the AlgoForce??

Thank you.
The only other Elites I have tried on the Algo so far is an 11" round and 17x11" and they both worked very well.
The 17x11" makes it a little front heavy being over a kg in weight.
But, both of these have been discontinued - so still available while stocks last, but won't be an option moving forward.

So I'd guess that the 14x9" & 14" Elites should also work very well as they would be very similar if not bang on specs wise as the 11" round and 17x11".

The 14" Elite was out of stock for some time, but is available again.

Coiltek seem to have the secret recipe for Algoforce coils, years before it was even made, their coils work and calibrate very well even their most sensitive 9" Elite. NF is hit and miss, so good to see they're working on better coils, they got it right with the 14x9" EVO I think, never seen complaints about it but the Sadie and 12x8" are questionable, but at least being remade. My Sadie is pretty poor and I only bought it a couple of months ago new for the Algoforce.

It's a shame X-coils aren't going to re-release their coils at this stage, the 10" Sprial I find the best of all my coils, I only take it off to test something on another coil, calibrates fine but in some pre-set slots doesn't even need calibration.

Re (My Sadie is pretty poor) Could you clarify... Thanks

Our Sadie is a magnet for very small lead shot.

and (they got it right with the 14x9" EVO) Nugget Finder?

Re (My Sadie is pretty poor) Could you clarify... Thanks

Our Sadie is a magnet for very small lead shot.

and (they got it right with the 14x9" EVO) Nugget Finder?
Yep, it calibrates fine on my Algoforce but significantly larger size coils like a 12" spiral are more sensitive to small targets than it, my 14x9" EVO seems about as sensitive as the Sadie and the target response it's giving on the Sadie is a bit broad hard to explain, not very sharp like most other coils. I am going to buy one of the new Sadies when it's released and see how that goes.

Hi. Thanks for the reply and recommendations. The 12 Evo I had was not great where I am. I tried everything to get on with it and ended up selling it at a big loss just to get rid of it and recoup some money. I had one on a 5000 and it was a wonderful coil. It was just too noisy in highly variable ground with the Algo. I could see it being ok in highly mineralised ground which isn't variable, but chopping, changing ground type every coil sweep saw the Algo needing to be dumbed down to the point it was in my opinion a waste of time swinging it. Yeah I could make it work but at too much performance loss.
I wont be putting a flat wind on it again.
Thanks again.

Bully, It might be worth trying to get a loan Coiltek coil for your E1500. Both NF and Coiltek might be flat wound but they perform differently. I've not had any success running NF or Detech coils on my GPX4500 but it likes the Coiltek coils however Coiltek coils are heavier. I sold my 11" Detech and 12"x8" NF coils because they were unusable but both coils were fine when used by the new owners. Different conditions and different detectors so the coil design that suits one detector won't necessarily work well on the next.

I couldn’t resist grabbing this Coiltek 10 x 5 Joey coil when I saw it posted here... ( thanks Digger96 ). The thing looks brand spanking new. E4C5498F-2B7C-45D0-A17F-78ED9583409A.jpeg606ABE54-154A-4CFD-B348-1F018CA03FAF.jpegIt certainly suits the AlgoForce and balances really well with my lighter weight battery pack.
I’ll be heading up to Tibooburra next week to do some sniffing in those little creek tight spots. It runs real smooth in Ultra fine gold..... can’t wait to see how the E1500 goes up there.

Hi Phil
Interested to note that you have not had much success with NF coils on your 4500 , when plenty of other 4500 users swear by them , would you put that down to the mods on your 4500 or is it something you have noticed in the areas you prospect , your opinion is to be respected and advice based on experience is always valuable

I see Nugget Finder have now released the Sadie MkII coil.
https://phasetechnical.com.au/nugget-finder-8-6-sadie-mk2-mono-coil/
Apparently revamped to better suit the E1500 Ultra Fine setting & modified GPX4500/5000 with mods for very sensitive operation. Will also suit stock GPX 4500/5000's too.
Very interesting. Also I wonder why last year NF broke their promise of both an Exceed 16x10” and Exceed Sadie 8x6” by not following through with building them, but then decided to built this Sadie 8x6” Mk2 instead??

Very interesting. Also I wonder why last year NF broke their promise of both an Exceed 16x10” and Exceed Sadie 8x6” by not following through with building them, but then decided to built this Sadie 8x6” Mk2 instead??
I don't know about "broke their promise", but my impression is that as a small company, they are very focussed on what their dealers and customers are requesting and may change their priorities accordingly.

I don't know about "broke their promise", but my impression is that as a small company, they are very focussed on what their dealers and customers are requesting and may change their priorities accordingly.
Thank you for the very good explanation. Not just by reading it off of the NF website but rather instead I first hand “do” know about “broke their promise”. Because I personally spoke with Rohan from NF on the phone last year and he “did” tell me that the new Exceed coil would be out later last year.

Thank you for the very good explanation. Not just by reading it off of the NF website but rather instead I first hand “do” know about “broke their promise”. Because I personally spoke with Rohan from NF on the phone last year and he “did” tell me that the new Exceed coil would be out later last year.
In that case, you'll need to take it up with the man himself, Deano. As this thread is about coils for the AlgoForce, please don't derail it with any further discussion of coils for the GPX6000 - there's threads elsewhere on PA for that machine. Thanks.

In that case, you'll need to take it up with the man himself, Deano. As this thread is about coils for the AlgoForce, please don't derail it with any further discussion of coils for the GPX6000 - there's threads elsewhere on PA for that machine. Thanks.
Dean,
You are a hard case.
Rowan actually has a personal life also.
He has been a bit crook.
But to you that don't matter.

The 16 x 10 will come, but at the moment they have chosen to look after the customers who have bought their other coils than make a new coil (16x10) .
Just keep playing with yourself a bit longer , then it will eventuate.

Get off the Algo Forrce 1500 page
also

Hi Phil
Interested to note that you have not had much success with NF coils on your 4500 , when plenty of other 4500 users swear by them , would you put that down to the mods on your 4500 or is it something you have noticed in the areas you prospect , your opinion is to be respected and advice based on experience is always valuable

Hi clodmac, I've hardly used the 4500 since it was modified. Actually I haven't really done much detecting since then and it's hard to put the 6000 down when everytime you swing it you're digging another tiny nugget.

For one thing I haven't owned many NF coils. I bought the 19" Evo so that I could go over some really good ground where I pulled a good bundle of 6g to 10g nuggets with the 14" Coiltek Elite. I only needed one good nugget to cover the cost so Mrs M didn't object however the NF found nothing but a 0.3g piece that I'd missed. I've used it on and off since that occasion and even though I've found a few little bits it's one part of my prospecting equipment that has never paid for itself.

The next NF I bought was the 12"x8" Evo for Mrs M when I was trying to get her to upgrade from the SDC2300 to the new GPX4500. It was always noisy so she refused to use it and preferred the heavier 11" Commander and this was undoubtedly the better coil. I then tried the NF and found that I could quieten it down if I dumbed it down enough but that wasn't the biggest problem. The thing that made me sell it was it's inability to detect anything laterally. The target had to be about 30mm in from the perimeter of the coil. My best description is that it's a small coil in a large housing. This might be acceptable on open ground but useless in the places most gold seems to hide.

If you were to compare that small NF with the small 10"x5" Coiltek you'll find the Coiltek will detect the nugget 30mm before you get to it. That's a 60mm shortfall when you are detecting in grass, next to a tree or down a tight gully. It was no good to me and after recent testing we found exactly the same with the 12" NF fitted to the GPZ7000 when compared to the original coil.

Hi clodmac, I've hardly used the 4500 since it was modified. Actually I haven't really done much detecting since then and it's hard to put the 6000 down when everytime you swing it you're digging another tiny nugget.

For one thing I haven't owned many NF coils. I bought the 19" Evo so that I could go over some really good ground where I pulled a good bundle of 6g to 10g nuggets with the 14" Coiltek Elite. I only needed one good nugget to cover the cost so Mrs M didn't object however the NF found nothing but a 0.3g piece that I'd missed. I've used it on and off since that occasion and even though I've found a few little bits it's one part of my prospecting equipment that has never paid for itself.

The next NF I bought was the 12"x8" Evo for Mrs M when I was trying to get her to upgrade from the SDC2300 to the new GPX4500. It was always noisy so she refused to use it and preferred the heavier 11" Commander and this was undoubtedly the better coil. I then tried the NF and found that I could quieten it down if I dumbed it down enough but that wasn't the biggest problem. The thing that made me sell it was it's inability to detect anything laterally. The target had to be about 30mm in from the perimeter of the coil. My best description is that it's a small coil in a large housing. This might be acceptable on open ground but useless in the places most gold seems to hide.

If you were to compare that small NF with the small 10"x5" Coiltek you'll find the Coiltek will detect the nugget 30mm before you get to it. That's a 60mm shortfall when you are detecting in grass, next to a tree or down a tight gully. It was no good to me and after recent testing we found exactly the same with the 12" NF fitted to the GPZ7000 when compared to the original coil.
Hi Phil your answers to my queries are a perfect example of why you should ask questions of people who know what they are talking about , everything you say above makes perfect sense and thank you for taking the time to share your personal observations .

If the 6000 was not tempting you as much as it does you may find that bigger nugget in deeper ground with the 19 evo unfortunately we don't all have unlimited time or patience to test that out in places we have not found gold before , the 14 elite has proven itself as you know .
The 12 x 8 Evo is noisier simply because it is more sensitive being spiral / flat wound compared to the minelab 11 which is bundle wound , hence the need to "dumb" things down a bit ,

The point you make about the lateral aspect is most important , and everyone should note that including the algo 1500 users and coils this thread is about . Aussie Au has a post above which would be worth following with the 10 x 5 coiltek which is also a bundle wound .

What a lot of people don't realise is that you have to adjust your gain to suit the ground and suit the coil type you are using as well as the terrain

Thanks Phil but now I have to go and try some small bundle wound coils in amongst the tussocks and closer to the trees to see what I missed

Regards Ray

Dean,
You are a hard case.
Rowan actually has a personal life also.
He has been a bit crook.
But to you that don't matter.

The 16 x 10 will come, but at the moment they have chosen to look after the customers who have bought their other coils than make a new coil (16x10) .
Just keep playing with yourself a bit longer , then it will eventuate.

Get off the Algo Forrce 1500 page
also
I did not know Rowan was crook, I’m not a mind reader. Do not falsely accuse me with an insult ‘that it does not matter to me that Rowan is crook’ (but the truth is it does matter to me, I do care, and I knew his dad Barrie and went for a cuppa in his house) and also falsely that ‘I am a hard case’. Then you insult me even more by telling me something vulgar and disgusting that I should ‘keep playing with myself a bit longer’. Then you tell me to ‘get off the AlgoForce 1500 page’.

I know I was off-topic and admit I was wrong on that particular aspect. But rather instead how about just telling me politely and nicely to clarify it and not being a rude about it? One thing you might learn is that insulting others, especially behind a social media post, proves you need a little self help to mature into a decent person. Good luck, I really do hope you work on the improvement of your character development.

Last edited:
Yes I am sorry I understand. I will ‘not’ talk anymore about the GPX6000 coils on this thread. But I see other people on this thread are also off-topic. Also I had to respond to ‘madmax’ above to defend myself when I am both falsely accused and insulted on this thread, no more said about it, that’s it.

Last edited:
Back on topic here.....
After a run with the Coiltek 10x5 Joey at Tibooburra, I came away pretty disappointed with its bump sensitivity when just touching anything whilst swinging over uneven ground laced with rock and quartz. Although it is very edge sensitive for those tight spots, I found it very annoying when it falsed with the slightest touch on anything, even dry brush.
So I gave up on it and refitted the 8” round Detech, which I could use like a shovel to push through quartz piles and loose rocks with not a hint of knock sensitivity.
4BB0444F-B2E0-415D-99FD-3651E24B2BDC.jpeg
For those interested here are the coils and their respective weights that I have for my AlgoForce
I was surprised to find the 17x11 NF Advantage is lighter than the 14x9 Evo.....
0ED14A88-DDC9-4DD2-BE18-88A4E0A68556.jpeg7AB76B05-FD4B-432B-BFFE-CE3AECD68497.jpeg4734516D-C9CC-45C3-B12E-DA0E12F6447A.jpeg813DDBCE-4634-49E5-BFE5-16B690C48282.jpeg

Attachments

• 297B4ED0-12A8-4184-B171-E125D5422A57.jpeg
    297B4ED0-12A8-4184-B171-E125D5422A57.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 8FF81088-66CF-4ADC-84DA-94F074952319.jpeg
    8FF81088-66CF-4ADC-84DA-94F074952319.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • B24A99D7-0900-441E-B595-ED2C0B1E591E.jpeg
    B24A99D7-0900-441E-B595-ED2C0B1E591E.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 77DF24F0-4F6F-4002-B7DD-B6B05F05189C.jpeg
    77DF24F0-4F6F-4002-B7DD-B6B05F05189C.jpeg