⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MDV I have envy! Every time I come home from a gold trip, my wife snatches the vial and "never to be seen again". Im not sure how much shes got stashed away now I dare not ask.

Thanks all for the kind words in response to my last 2 'show and tell' posts.

Yes, I am indeed very lucky to have my 'own private creek', but I can attest that there has been a lot of hard work put into finding and extracting the little gold lying therein.

For Twapster: every time I return home, my wife asks me if I have brought home enough for her to retire. Then I show her my meagre 1-2 grams, and she gives me a dirty look. What's a dutiful husband to do ... naturally go back as soon as possible and try harder. Ah, the life of a psuedo retiree.

[psuedo retiree = in my mind I am now retired from the workforce; in my wife's mind, I should be looking for another job! :D]

Hey MDV good on you, a gram or two helps keep you fit and its nice to have a bit of time to get out there. Theres no such thing as a "meagre" couple of grams, its added up to a great tally to be proud of! :cool: We all know the effort that goes into obtaining that, hope to see the tally keep growing.

Checkout this dirty lil sucker i got today at my old spot fresh flood spoils
1429242819_1429242952239.jpg
1429242862_1429242994072.jpg

I had to rub me eyes several times.... :D

Yobskin,

awesome pick-up and a real thrill for you I expect! I am green with envy, living in the (vain?) hope that my creek will one day give up something similar.

Looking forward to seeing your photo once you have had a chance to clean it up. :)

Jaros said:
Were you in the little creek called the Mary River. :p :p :p
Its in me pensioners spot jaros...my back was giving me grief from camping so i wasnt walking far.
Theres plenty to go round mate pm me for meetup. ;)

Wow yobskin, that's a little beauty mate. Well done :).. Shame about your back giving you grief good luck with the next hunt will await some more little nugs like that in pictures to come

Latest posts