Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He guys I saw a great cooker come smoker today in Bangkok. They used a 44 with the bottom cutout and a gas burner at the bottom and a ring welded around inside the top to hang the meat. The whole thing sits in a tray for easy cleanup. Hang the meat in and pop the lid on. A bit like a tandoor. I took photos.

1383554860_image.jpg

Put a sawdust tray in the bottom and a couple of cross bars and let it tick over on low low. Use a lid with handle and bung hole for exhaust oh just had a thought. Make up a smoke stack to screw into the bung hole to get the smoke up and away.

Hey thinking of you Ramjet. Went to the fresh market this morning and they were definitely touching the frogs. Chop chop. They were huge like small chicken legs.

Ramjet said:
Colin&Lee said:
Ramjet said:
Thanks for the link C&L.
Looks like a great recipe.
I am yet to do a perfect Pulled Pork.
I will try this recipe but... Prefer real smoke instead of liquid smoke :D
I'll let ya know how it goes when I try it.

Rod

I prefer real smoke to Rod, I dont have a smoker big enough to do a whole shoulder though :D
Well worth the effort mate well worth it. Chuck it in some fresh soft buns with some coleslaw drool.

C&L

A weber style kettle is all ya need :D
I've done boulled pork a few times... Just not 'perfect' yet ;)
Gotta get the right flavour and that moist, juicy texture. Bliss.

Saw a 56cm "weber" style kettle bbq at woolies today for $20. Brand was Festiva and guessin (prob correctly) that it has no where near the quality of a real one but does have round air vent, legs and catch tray. Tempting, very tempting :D

Can anyone comment on this one cause I need ribs and pork and roasts and............. :p

It should do the trick. I had a webber for many years and even baked cakes and bread in it

Yes Billy , I have seen them at woolies.
AsJohn said, it will do the job. For that price what have yagot to lose?
If it lasts a few years it'll give you an idea if you want to invest in a better one :)

If anyone loves new tastes with authenticity, you should try my Authentic Cape Curry.

This curry caters for absolutely any type of meat and the recipe shows the quantity to be used for 500g, 1Kg or @kg of meat.

Adding water near the end will make your gravy or the curry's juice.

If you do try it, I hope you enjoy it and let me know how you go. You won't find this recipe anywhere as it was handed down by my grandmother.

1383647141_authentic_cape_curry_001.jpg

The method is easy ...

Add a little oil into a deep pan/pot and heat, then add the onions and and cook until just soft.
Add the "dry powder ingredients" and stir into the onions.
Add the "wet" ungredients - such as garlic, tomato paste, ginger, madras paste etc and cook together adding a little water as you go, not to allow the paste to become dry.
Add the meat and stir occasionally. Cook until the meat is cooked. You can add a bit of cream if you want that "seductive and smooth" taste, depending on your preference

Serve with Basmati or Jasmine rice and enjoy :D

Latest posts