WOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Current plane flights in the air right now, both domestic and international, and the boarders are closed, are you kidding me.

1633649425_244562364_661272631505063_342760349758845997_n.jpg

That's a small amount compared to when the borders were open. However, i take your point and feel very sorry for any fossicker living in Vic. or NSW, especially as their Covid cases go rampant.
Mackka

Be interesting to know percentage of airmail/freight planes to passenger planes.
Can't see the issue if they are domestic & adhering to any requirements like 14 day isolation etc.
International passengers coming in are the big worry.

mbasko said:
Be interesting to know percentage of airmail/freight planes to passenger planes.
Can't see the issue if they are domestic & adhering to any requirements like 14 day isolation etc.
International passengers coming in are the big worry.

Like this one international to Sydney, it just gives the flight number etc not if it is freight or passenger

1633654550_international_to_sydney.jpg

When you click on the plane icon and the data panel appears have a look at what plane type it is. As I look at Flight Radar currently there is a FedEx plane at Sydney, the plane's model designation is a Boeing 777-F28 so we know it's a 777 but the F part tells you it's a freighter therefore no passengers.

That of course doesn't mean that passenger planes don't carry freight as they certainly do and many of the passengers flying in a still Australians that have been stranded overseas and will now have to do the 14 day quarantine routine.

Flight Radar is good.. And when you here a chopper of a night and it does not appear; Police Air.

Same as the Boating apps etc; They never show Police or Customs or and law enforcement transport... For good reasons.

davsgold said:
Like this one international to Sydney, it just gives the flight number etc not if it is freight or passenger

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...s/6570/1633654550_international_to_sydney.jpg

Here's your one going back home to Abu Dhabi. Yours was flight number ETD454 and now it's ETD455 as you can see it's just a standard 787 Dreamliner. They haven't brought out a freighter variant of the 787, although that might be in the wind as Airbus have announced a freighter version of the A350.

1633693680_untitled.jpg

I often look to see the tail logo on planes and living and working around Sydney airport I've seen planes in the air and grounded from Singapore, Thai, Etihad, British, Italian and maybe scoot (yellow plane) and more that I couldn't identify but obviously not domestic. Returning passengers? Who knows but I'll be working in Zetland on Monday and sometimes they fly directly over head, I'll take a pic if I see any international flights.

Just saw a Qatar plane fly directly over my house. I'd say landing in Sydney at 520pm 16th October 2021

Late at night you see all the Freight planes...

Air Ambos, Careflight and rescue Choppers are there as well as some Military and Police planes... Only seen NT, WA and SA Police planes tho...

Of course Most don't want you to know where they are off to ... :cool: I have Military flying over my place most weekdays, but they are never listed on FR...

Every night the Air-ambos, Rescue Choppers and RFDS are flying like Bees everywhere transferring what i would say is mostly Covid Patients to bigger Hospitals... But sometimes if you zoom right in on a chopper, you can tell where they have landed.. So that gives you a bit of an idea whats going on..

Also the Military have been doing some strange flights lately, like 4 Transport Aircraft landing at 2am at Cunnamulla, coming in from different areas across Australia.. .. :/ :cool:

And No, I just use the free version...

LW...