Whroo history and nice golden nuggets

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Join me on an exciting adventure in Whroo, Victoria, as I go prospecting for gold! Armed with my trusty Minelab GPZ 7000 and the magic NF 17"x13" Z search coil, I uncover a stunning piece of gold. We also explore the historic sights of Whroo ghost town and delve into the depths of the Balaclava mine site. Don't miss this thrilling journey through history and gold hunting!

Thank you Harry for the great vid. I am one of the fortunate ones that have walked through that mine over 30 years ago and have seen the puddlers before they were restored and saw the cyanide dams that were no more than 30 metres away from them and as black as pitch. A fantastic area and lots of history. thanks for the memories and glad you found a few pieces. Cheers Mackka

Thank you Harry for the great vid. I am one of the fortunate ones that have walked through that mine over 30 years ago and have seen the puddlers before they were restored and saw the cyanide dams that were no more than 30 metres away from them and as black as pitch. A fantastic area and lots of history. thanks for the memories and glad you found a few pieces. Cheers Mackka
Wow that must have been interesting to see at the time.

Yes mate and very happy to see the end of the light at the end of the tunnel. From memory, the old school house was opposite one of the puddlers. It was a very flat, grassed area which stood out from the rest of the area. Rushworth was a very interesting place with a beautiful red brick church on a hill just outside of town. Great place for a weeks holiday. Cheers

Latest posts