Which metal detector for me?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know its been done to death but I'm looking for advice on entry level gold detectors.

The question comes from a different angle.

My son has the Minelab Gold Monster 1000 and I'm looking at getting something for myself (my Garrett ace 250 doesn't quite cut it...lol) and another for my youngest son (17 and 6'3").

So the question is, should we look at different detectors, keeping to a $1500 budget per detector, or all go the monster?

Would getting a Nokta Kruzer, for me, be beneficial and having both boys run monsters?

Spend your combined $3k budget on a new Algoforce E1500 or 2ndhand SDC/GPX and take turns carrying the pick.

Infinitely better end result than buying 2 x $1500 VLF detectors.

You will be able to detect effectively in far more places and I would expect you would find 20x amount of gold.

Spend your combined $3k budget on a new Algoforce E1500 or 2ndhand SDC/GPX and take turns carrying the pick.

Infinitely better end result than buying 2 x $1500 VLF detectors.

You will be able to detect effectively in far more places and I would expect you would find 20x amount of gold.
Thanks for that... however, looks like the budget has changed as I need new tires on the 4WD.

So, with a budget of no more than $1400 would it be worth getting a gold monster 1000 or a nokta Kruzer. And since my son has the gold monster already is it worth getting a different VLF machine instead of another GM1000?

Thanks in advance

Latest posts