Help needed - lost earring, Albury (NSW)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I have joined this group, to find someone in the Albury region who may be able to help me.
A few weeks ago I lost an earring while I was picnicking on the southern bank of the Murray river. The earring has great sentimental value to me.
I have tried to hire a metal detector, checked out the local pawnshops, and looked on line for a local metal detector group. All without success.
I am prepared to pay someone for their time an expertise.
I hope that I have not abused the ethics of this chat group.
Many thanks
Lisa_W

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lisa. I would be very disappointed if someone from our group would not volunteer to help you find the lost earring. We mostly do what we do for fun and satisfaction not financial reward.
I am sure you have looked very hard yourself, but there is something you could do to help any detectorist who may volunteer.
Return To the area and try and visualize your movements on the occasion you lost it. Mark those movement areas physically or in your mind to help concentrate the most likely areas to search.
Once a workmate of mine lost a wedding ring while gardening. I volunteered to help him find it but when I arrived at his place, I was dismayed to see how large his garden was as he lived on a 5 acre block. We spent a fair amount of time talking about and plotting out as best we could his movements in the garden on the day eg where he walked turning on hoses, pruning bushes, which beds he attended etc. We were able to get a fairly specific idea of what areas he traversed and mark out places where to concentrate my search.
After a couple of hours our wives came out to offer us a cup of tea and see how things were going. Sadly I had to say no luck and that I only had a small area of lawn and one garden bed still to check and pointed it out. When they looked at the bed I was pointing at my eagle eyed wife spotted it lying against the stem of a rose bush there.
Whilst my detecting was ultimately unsuccessful, the process of visualizing my workmates movements was actually the reason it was found..
Good luck and would love to hear back about any results that you might have.

Hi Everyone
I have joined this group, to find someone in the Albury region who may be able to help me.
A few weeks ago I lost an earring while I was picnicking on the southern bank of the Murray river. The earring has great sentimental value to me.
I have tried to hire a metal detector, checked out the local pawnshops, and looked on line for a local metal detector group. All without success.
I am prepared to pay someone for their time an expertise.
I hope that I have not abused the ethics of this chat group.
Many thanks
Lisa_W

I would have happily taken a look but I passed through there on Sunday morning. I'm in Norseman WA now so I little too far back for now.

Latest posts