What Clamps for Dreammats?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo W

Leo
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this whole prospecting thing and I'm trying to build my first sluice using a dream mat I'm following a plan I've mad but I've seen very little information on how to hold down dream mats so do I just get a clamping system screw them down what do I do

Hi I'm new to this whole prospecting thing and I'm trying to build my first sluice using a dream mat I'm following a plan I've mad but I've seen very little information on how to hold down dream mats so do I just get a clamping system screw them down what do I do

It doesn't need much holding down. I just have a piece of very thin stainless steel with a downward facing lip that holds the top end while guiding the flow over it. To release the Dream Mat I simply lift the edge, bending the thin springy sheet of stainless steel. No screws or other fasteners to fiddle with. I'll try to get a photo but it's a bit dark out there.

Sluice.jpg

I put my finger in the curved recess, raise it a little and slip the mat in. Same to get it out, just lift the stainless steel flap a little and slide the Dream mat out.

The rubber flap (with the moth) above drops to the top of the waterflow and steadies it preventing a lot of turbulence.

How did you train the moth?

Some features of my design will remain a secret however take note of the saw-tooth type device where the water and material enters. The sluice was loading unevenly so this device allows me to alter the depth of water over each side of the mat.

View attachment 15593

I put my finger in the curved recess, raise it a little and slip the mat in. Same to get it out, just lift the stainless steel flap a little and slide the Dream mat out.

The rubber flap (with the moth) above drops to the top of the waterflow and steadies it preventing a lot of turbulence.
I like that stainless flap idea 👍. Going to have to do that myself.

Make a ripple bar with two bolts ,drop on top and 2 holes insluce use 2 wing nuts to hold down, you will get the drift if you look at a couple of sluice photos