What Clamps for Dreammats?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo W

Leo
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this whole prospecting thing and I'm trying to build my first sluice using a dream mat I'm following a plan I've mad but I've seen very little information on how to hold down dream mats so do I just get a clamping system screw them down what do I do

Hi I'm new to this whole prospecting thing and I'm trying to build my first sluice using a dream mat I'm following a plan I've mad but I've seen very little information on how to hold down dream mats so do I just get a clamping system screw them down what do I do

It doesn't need much holding down. I just have a piece of very thin stainless steel with a downward facing lip that holds the top end while guiding the flow over it. To release the Dream Mat I simply lift the edge, bending the thin springy sheet of stainless steel. No screws or other fasteners to fiddle with. I'll try to get a photo but it's a bit dark out there.

Sluice.jpg

I put my finger in the curved recess, raise it a little and slip the mat in. Same to get it out, just lift the stainless steel flap a little and slide the Dream mat out.

The rubber flap (with the moth) above drops to the top of the waterflow and steadies it preventing a lot of turbulence.