What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have tried this before on chainsaw bars to get extra life out of a stretched chain with no success ever.
After watching Forged in Fire by heating a tang to be able to drill holes for a handle fixture in hardened steel.
Heated the bar end cherry red & let naturally cooled it drilled out easy.
Now have extended time use on a stretched chain.
CN product only gave a 20mm adjustment now i have 35mm.
Remember to remove batteries prior operations on these creatures as they will show no mercy on fingers or flesh.
as long as you re hardened and tempered the bar end again, it should be ok
not that i have been much bothered with the chains stretching
i would have removed a link from the chain before changing the hardness of the bar

Just going through some very old Portable drives and seeing all the gold data and saying sh,,,t I've still got to get to all those places. Life is not long enough. O'well in my next life.
I’m in negotiation with Native Title on a lease just 50 km from home. It has an old airstrip in perfect condition. I’m hoping to just pop out there in a few minutes grab some gold and be home for morning tea.

I’m in negotiation with Native Title on a lease just 50 km from home. It has an old airstrip in perfect condition. I’m hoping to just pop out there in a few minutes grab some gold and be home for morning tea.
Phil goes FIFO - I never thought I'd see the day! ;)

Hi all,
Well, here's what I am up to right now...
On Saturday 24th Aug, I popped out to Murray Bridge with the beautiful weather it was here in SA. Arrived about 8:40 AM, and stopped past the cemetery on Adelaide Road to check out the headstone cleaning work I had done previously and how it has been since the last cleaning back in 2022 (been a few years now 😅).

To my amazement, it was absolutely stunning! The results were as if they had only been cleaned 6 months ago!
Before cleaning-Left uncleaned for 2 years and still great.jpgUncleaned for 2 years and still great.jpg

I took a bit of a gander through the cemetery to look at family plots I had not visited there before. Some of which have been forgotten by their families and lay barren, however, it was most disheartening to see broken, chipped or destroyed marble headstones and plaques around the cemetery. It really angered my heart :mad:
Broken headstone family plot.jpgAnother broken headstone.jpg

After some wandering, I decided to give the more worse for wear looking brass plaques and marble headstones in the War Memorial/Veterans section, along with the Cross of Sacrifice monument another clean and spruce up. A few hours later, I was satisfied with the work done, and had cleaned Mr Gerald A. Bartlett and his brother's brass plaque headstones too. I then decided I would give it another 6-12 months to see how it appears, and hopefully have a program underway with authorities 😄
Cleaning CJ Bartlett.jpgCleaning the War Memorial Monument.jpg

I then went for a drive up to Mannum, hoping that on the way I may be able to drop in to detect around Burdett Hall, the original location that started this whole project in 2016. Unfortunately, it appears that Burdett Hall is now newly fenced off property, and clearly they do not want random people accessing the area to prevent vandalism, etc., since the Hall is still used to this day. As I saw a padlock and the wooden fencing did not have a big enough gap to invite people in, I decided against detecting at the hall, much to my disappointment 😔
Fenced off Burdett Hall.jpg

When I arrived at Mannum, I popped in to visit the Cross Roads school on my way through. It was nice to see some more personal items on display inside the mini-museum, although disappointing to find the previous clothing buttons and personal attire items I had found and donated while detecting there during my last visit (with permission), were not on display.
Cross Roads School.jpg

So, I decided to give it another shot and see what I could find, leaving the area as I found it and leaving behind inside on a display shelf, the few buttons I had found, a couple shotgun shell bases, and a piece of mason jar. There really wasn't much to be found in that school yard the few times I have detected there.
Items found and donated to Cross Roads School.jpgInside the mini-museum.jpg

After that, did more of an exploration around the Mannum countryside, then headed back to Murray Bridge for a bit of a detect in public park areas, only found a 1921 Commonwealth One Penny, and a few bits of random metallic items.

So ladies and gentlemen, that is what I am up to right now, progressing along my personal projects and exploring the countryside during the lovely weekend weather, before it turned to sh*t on Sunday, LOL!

Thanks for reading! ☺️
Saving Our History

Right now I'm enjoying a crownie after spending our second last day at Evans Head packing up, I had my last day of fishing yesterday and I didn't catch anything worth bringing home, mind you, I've had some great fishing since I've been here, but after nearly 4 months away it's time to go home.
20240827_162302-jpg.14693
20240825_092335.jpg20240822_075134.jpg20240825_085229.jpgResized_20220626_090725.jpegResized_20220626_121000.jpeg

Attachments

• 20240827_162302.jpg
    20240827_162302.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 76
Just sitting and thinking about a mate and my art teacher that passed away on this day 8 years ago at 59. I never heard him say a bad word about anyone. For the members that have been on here for awhile you might remember that Bmech5 sent me a small medallion that he found , a religious item and my mate had a painting of the Saint in his studio and I have it attached to the frame of the photo of my mate. Cheers Michael. Missed by many. Mackka

I’m sitting here frustrated with current marketing methods. I’ve been trying to buy a Starlink Mini. Everybody wants to sell it but nobody has one that I can buy and pickup. All they want to do is take your money and then deliver whenever they get stock even though they say it’s available now.

I’m sitting here frustrated with current marketing methods. I’ve been trying to buy a Starlink Mini. Everybody wants to sell it but nobody has one that I can buy and pickup. All they want to do is take your money and then deliver whenever they get stock even though they say it’s available now.
Contact Simmo, he might be able to find you one that's available right now.

Just sitting and thinking about a mate and my art teacher that passed away on this day 8 years ago at 59. I never heard him say a bad word about anyone. For the members that have been on here for awhile you might remember that Bmech5 sent me a small medallion that he found , a religious item and my mate had a painting of the Saint in his studio and I have it attached to the frame of the photo of my mate. Cheers Michael. Missed by many. Mackka
Photo of Michael and the Medallion.

Attachments

• Michael Zaiter Fix.jpg
    Michael Zaiter Fix.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
It’s on a picture frame which makes it look larger, it’s on 1/2 inch. Michael was a follower of St. Charbel , the religious medal, he was a Catholic Maronite priest from Lebanon where Michael was from. Michael died from liver cancer. Cheers Mackka
PS
Michael was my Art Teacher for 10 years and a very Dear Mentor.

Right now, after a good breakfast and opening my gifts , I am thinking of all the Fathers that won't have any family with them or call them today. Those Fathers for whatever reasons have lost contact with or their children that don't want to have contact with them. For all the Fathers that have lost children to domestic violence, drugs, street violence, vehicle accidents and just plain stupidity, this Forum is with you today and every day, no matter what the circumstances. We Love You!!
Cheers Mackka

Latest posts