Wanting to compliment my Gold monster 1000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,
I was wanting some advice, i currently have a GM1000 and I know they are a beginner/entry level detector but from what I’ve read and seen they are good in their own right. What I wanted to know was what would I step up to as I’m saving and hopefully what we can pan and find with what we have now will help further fund the next step. I’m happy to slowly work my way up to the big boys toys in stages.
Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers
Z

I was thinking of getting second hand the GM1000 was second hand only used a couple of times.
I do have a question I have read about people getting detectors that are copies or clones cheap over seas and selling them as legitimate is there a way you can tell?

I have been doing a lot of comparing and research on detectors and appreciate all the advise so far, after going down the rabbit hole I wanted to ask this question as my wife and I normally venture together would a gpx4500 and the gm1000 be a good combo I was thinking it would also last us a while as we grew with the detector’s I was looking at the 5000 but was thinking that the combo I mentioned above would essentially be the same, am I correct in this?

I have been doing a lot of comparing and research on detectors and appreciate all the advise so far, after going down the rabbit hole I wanted to ask this question as my wife and I normally venture together would a gpx4500 and the gm1000 be a good combo I was thinking it would also last us a while as we grew with the detector’s I was looking at the 5000 but was thinking that the combo I mentioned above would essentially be the same, am I correct in this?
Yes a GPX4500 would be a great way to go too. Also a lot of used ones in that $2500-3000 price range. In hindsight I should have mentioned that above.
IMO the GPX4500 (& now even the GPX5000) used provides probably the best overall bang for your buck. Don't be too concerned about which one, either a 4500/5000 would be ok.
Just do your due diligence with checking the authenticity of used detectors, in particular the GPX5000 has a lot of fakes around.

Yes a GPX4500 would be a great way to go too. Also a lot of used ones in that $2500-3000 price range. In hindsight I should have mentioned that above.
IMO the GPX4500 (& now even the GPX5000) used provides probably the best overall bang for your buck. Don't be too concerned about which one, either a 4500/5000 would be ok.
Just do your due diligence with checking the authenticity of used detectors, in particular the GPX5000 has a lot of fakes around.
I think this has now made my mind up thanks for the great advice. Now all I have to do is track one down it looks like the hunt is on.😊

Latest posts