Tuena and Tuena Creek NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Know it well and the owner looked at it 6 months ago (nice piece of land initially I though it was 200ac)

Awesome Prospecting Australia buying its first asset (Ill throw in 90 buck no problem) :)

what about 52 series members @ $3,000 approx each , inclding tax etc, then 5 members at a time could use it 5 times a year !,

I also looked at this block a month ago

headbut said:
what about 52 series members @ $3,000 approx each , inclding tax etc, then 5 members at a time could use it 5 times a year !,

Why pay $3000 to acces one part of a creek, when it's free to just walk up the stream? No disrespect to you all but it sounds ridiculous to me. You still can't dig up the land everywhere as there is a exploration tenement already held over it.
And if it's the same block I have seen, your not allowed to build on it as its in the flood zone. Better of buying the pub.

DD

there has been a few for sale around Oallen too , but what would you do with it ?

what isnt dead in farming has a gun to its head and a noose around its neck .

you might spend more money drilling and applying for an EL on it than what the property cost you

sigh ...... dont worry guys i have had that dream too 8) :8 8.( :/ :eek: :( :) :(

Diggerdude said:
headbut said:

Why pay $3000 to acces one part of a creek, when it's free to just walk up the stream? No disrespect to you all but it sounds ridiculous to me. You still can't dig up the land everywhere as there is a exploration tenement already held over it.
And if it's the same block I have seen, your not allowed to build on it as its in the flood zone. Better of buying the pub.

DD

Buying a pub would have to be the worst investment I could ever make. I would end up shut 5 days of the week and would drink more piss than I would sell and end up bankrupt.
But what a fun month that would be ;)

Heading to Tuena tomorrow afternoon for a couple of days if anyone is going to be in the area give us a shout. Any advice on where i'd best to have a look around would be much appreciated.
Will be camping at the camp ground behind the shop.
Cheers

Hi New to forum and looking for general info and any trips and stuff.

I was planning to go to tuena are I have a camper setup so for a few days.
(detecting)
I was checking the maps and stuff and I am unsure the areas that I could get access to?

If any of you have some info that would help ... would really appreciate it.

Cheers Owen

Welcome to the Forum Wahtsa.

Mate Tuena has plenty of access and plenty of room for the camper . There is a camp ground which is $5 night pay at the shop it also has hot showers for a $1 for minutes from memory.

Good Luck

C&L

The tuena campground has plenty of places within walking distance.

walk down the track at the back of the campground to the river and you might find a small nugget in the riverbed just walking within a kilometre either direction.

you will see many people there with sluices and highbankers . there is plenty of fine gold and nice little chunky bits too sometimes.

its not uncommon to find gold 3 - 4 mm long and 1 - 2 mm thick there

current issue is water level in the river , last time i was there the water level was quite low but after this rain i couldnt advise you what it might be like , you just have to go there and have a crack , follow your nose and see what you can dig up.

ps . the local store at Tuena has diesel and petrol but check the opening hours on the door of the store , some days they dont open until 2 pm

they are doing it tough in that town and it wouldnt surprise me if the store proprieter has days where they dont break even .

I try to spend a little money there on food or fuel while i am there to help them a little . they are really nice people.

You could probably sit under the shop awning in the afternoons and share a cup of tea with the locals , they would love the company for a chat.

Latest posts