Sun baking on the surface on a hot summers day!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lately i have been studying old maps of country towns a few hundred klm from Perth WA . Each weekend i have been going back to a really good spot and Saturday i found this beauty on the surface face up. So happy with this find. Seeing as though im keeping this i gave it a clean in boiling water aluminium foil and bi-carb. It came up good.
Now time to find a gold one...
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/m5Pz3MH5Bh8[/video]

I had to google what to do with aluminium foil and bicarb..........thankyou. Perhaps we'll do the same if we ever find a florin. I don't think I seen one since I carried them around as change :)

Moneybox said:
I had to google what to do with aluminium foil and bicarb..........thankyou. Perhaps we'll do the same if we ever find a florin. I don't think I seen one since I carried them around as change :)

No probs, it works a treat. I let it fizzle away for a long while each side then take it out, make a past up with bicarb and water and rub it clean with the rough paste. It should come up looking so nice and shouldnt harm it in any way

tailormarc said:
DetectingSA said:
And to think that's likely been sitting there for close to a hundred years

Great find

Yep thats what i was thinking. Its a bit out of the way so yep no one found it. I think also because it was on the surface no corrorsion or oxidisation pappened.
I just bought this to put it in....

Nice buy, that will look superb!

DetectingSA said:
tailormarc said:
DetectingSA said:
And to think that's likely been sitting there for close to a hundred years

Great find

Yep thats what i was thinking. Its a bit out of the way so yep no one found it. I think also because it was on the surface no corrorsion or oxidisation pappened.
I just bought this to put it in....

Nice buy, that will look superb!

Done :) On its way over ;)

tailormarc said:

Hello, It is very nice one! I have seen Hover boys wearing one of those frame. Where can I get that custom frame?
Thanks
But I need to find something to put in first!

Latest posts