Rivers and Creeks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen pictures of these before. The caption said they were washing floors, dirt and rock was brought in wagons and dumped on the deck. Water was let in to make a slurry and horses were driven over the conglomerate to break it up. Then the larger rock was scraped out with sluice rakes and the water run out with the pay-dirt through a sluice box.
Just my best guess!

I would be getting the wetsuit and tank on and get into that waterfall.
I've not done any test panning in this creek yet. It's on the periphery of the known gold area so may or may not hold gold. Although another creek I've got access to is in the same category and it produces good quantities of gold.

On a client's property yesterday which is right in the middle of a historic gold area. Two mint looking creeks running through it but the owner was only luke warm about me trying my luck. So after the job finished up I was able to get onto one of the creeks through public land. The area I could access had clearly been given a bit of work over but still plenty of gold there. Need to butter up the landholder a bit more.

20240924_124216 - Copy.jpg
20240924_124249 - Copy.jpg

Latest posts