Photography, Photoshop, Phun.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My purchase of a UAV "drone" has re inspired my interest in photography and photo editing. A million years ago I used to do film photography development in a Dark room at school. Film photography and mostly black and white. We had a Canadian art teacher who had a passion for photography and taught me a lot.

My recent purchase of a DJI Phantom 4 has relighted my interest. I am only an amature but still enjoy the hobby. More recently I have started to enjoy the post photo manipulation of photos using initially Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. Thought I would start a topic for those interested in these topics. I know there are several members who are much more advanced than me. SinHof being foremost among them. :D

So here are a few of my meager efforts as a novice in the photo editing field.

1505129293_48127a.jpg

1505129341_silo0.jpg

1505129342_silo1.jpg

1505129343_taree.jpg

These are made via Photoshop. You can see the finished product and the source files used. They include caricatures and 3D images.

1505129462_fishbulb2.jpg

1505129727_light_bulb_by_vvolny.jpg

1505129463_underwater___premade_bg_by_monika_es_stock-d5zlt1a.jpg

1505129463_water_splash_png_by_starlaa1-d51fsqk.jpg

1505129462_fish_set_24_by_free_stock_by_wayne-d6arrnk.jpg

1505129556_rh.jpg

1505129556_rh2.jpg

1505129556_roophone2.jpg

1505129556_roophonea.jpg

1505129556_roophoneb.jpg

G'Day Ramjet,
Great to see you are having a load of fun with Adboe products, a word of caution though:post processing can suck you in leaving little time for other passions, ye old Deus may start to gather dust as a cupboard queen; like your work so far.
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
G'Day Ramjet,
Great to see you are having a load of fun with Adboe products, a word of caution though:post processing can suck you in leaving little time for other passions, ye old Deus may start to gather dust as a cupboard queen; like your work so far.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi SinHof.

Been doing my editing at night and during quiet times at work. ;) Don't tell the boss.
I am really enjoying learning how to use both programs.

HI Ramjet,
Not sure at this stage if you are into printing your own images, if you're not it will probably happen down the track, it adds another dimension that can be displayed around the house for all to enjoy. Printing through Lightroom is a breeze with lots of controls and soft proofing so you know what the final print will pretty much look like colour wise. If you get really keen on printing with predictable results, a fully hardware calibrated monitor (LUT's) is good to have, along with a quality inkjet printer with paper, ink profiles, in short a fully colour managed closed loop set-up, magic stuff to play with, fun times ahead.
Cheers, SinHof.

Great effort, wish I had the patience to do likewise, still have years worth of Photoshop Mags/tutorials that show how to do all that stuff.
Being a stereo view collector I also played around with creating 3D views, the 3D effect can be seem by "freeviewing" the 2 images, much like the 3D effect in those old Magic Eye images from years ago.
Check out the Sydney club to see what they get up to, interesting. If you delve into the site they have some interesting (photography related) info.
Cheers Tom

http://www.oz3d.info/Southern Cross/southerncross.html

I've done photography since times of color print and Kodachrome, Ectachrome slides. In this digital age, you need to remember the old film rolls were color balanced to the red or green. Here is a digital shot of mine using a Canon Rebel XTi with filter mount thick macro lens at infinity (for greated depth of field). Image color shifted to be like Kodachrome, that is red +12 given a -6 brightness with +12 contrast at the same time. Because of auto exposure, photos often get over exposed, especially outdoor scenes with green (green is slightly cooler than average colors).

1505341525_tigerswlltail2.jpg

Apologies for the multiple posts. I kept getting this screen thinking it wasn't being posted. Ooopps. :rolleyes:

1508068727_screen.jpg

Latest posts