Park damage Wollongong

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is nighthawkers, they probably don't even realize the mess they've left (or care). Vandalism is a lot easier to carry out under the cover of darkness.

ChrisD said:
My guess is nighthawkers, they probably don't even realize the mess they've left (or care). Vandalism is a lot easier to carry out under the cover of darkness.
:eek: :rolleyes: Doubt it Chris....only pros work at night ;) I don't dig Golden Ring Pulls and Bottle Caps :p
Or are you speaking from experience :eek: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if it was an irate park lover willing to sacrifice a bit of turf hoping that detectorists would cop the flack and bring it to the council's attention in the hope detecting would be banned, just a thought.
SinHof.

Unfortunately these type of things are becoming more common & it's not just detectorists leaving a mess + bad name for prospectors/fossickers.
I was recently at Hill End & one of the National Parks heritage sites (No Go Zone) had been creviced. No mistaking it was a fossicker. The only thing they didn't clean up was their cigarette butts & empty smoke packets. Further down in the designated fossicking area a large & dangerous hole left open not 3m away from the equally large highbanker tailings pile. Above the creek where they camp there are numerous holes on the diggings full of empty stubbies & other rubbish. Don't even start on the number of open detecting holes around the place :/

I understand a couple of people have done over the Botanical gardens here - I was also advised that one got a $800 fine but they keep going back but are just a bit more sneaky about it..

The club member could not get over the fact that they were rather proud of what they were doing....

No comment as to condition of plugs etc but regardless; once the word gets out you can bet the pigs will move in.

It does make me wonder when not if that the many places that we enjoy day on day will have the dreaded - No Fosssicking Signs - erected 8.(

The fact that most already have - No Golf Signs - worries me because it is a very small stretch to erect just another sign :(

So saying that we had better get out every time we can filling in the holes as we go :Y:

YES and the Golf issue is 2 fold... Miss hit balls and DIVOTS in the ground...

But some when Detecting and digging; like to advertise their lack of skills AND leave a lot more of a mess than a shallow divot...

Latest posts