Northeast Prospecting Adventures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure where you heard that, if it’s gold I’ll have it no matter the size
Wrong Wilson but it was too late to re-edit so just played it out a bit.
Appology to Pick`n`Shovels for invading his topic with general chit chat.

Took The Rookie Miner out for a bit of detecting at a few local sites here in the Northeast. Lots of cool finds popping up including his FIRST pre-decimal coin plus we get a visit from some native Australian wildlife.
That's a very cool video and it's great to see the Rookie Miner getting into the spirit of the hunt.

I think your mystery object with the two prongs is a tuning fork. Holding it by the bulbous base and knocking the prongs against a hard object will produce a ringing tone of a particular frequency, which can then be used to tune a musical instrument.

That's a very cool video and it's great to see the Rookie Miner getting into the spirit of the hunt.

I think your mystery object with the two prongs is a tuning fork. Holding it by the bulbous base and knocking the prongs against a hard object will produce a ringing tone of a particular frequency, which can then be used to tune a musical instrument.
very interesting! the site this was found at did have a small schoolhouse situated nearby so perhaps it belonged to the music class!?

Latest posts