New

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeezee1962

Wayne
Reaction score
Hi all looking at getting into detecting. But it is all a bit overwhelming not sure what would be a good detector to start with looking for something that i could use for gold and also coins and anything old i guess
Have contacted a local prospecting club to join just waiting to hear back from them
Any help would be great

howdy zeezee1962 heaps of detectors on the market out there mate, and plenty of people on this forum to point you in the right direction check out the posts in metal detecting and coin shooting, or just throw in a question in any of those sections and you will be on your way in no time, good luck ;)

yep , plenty of youtube and research on the www and this forum youll be underway in no time, oh buy the way its worth saving your pennys and getting something decent happy hunting :D

G'day,
Best of meeting up with some local members and having a go of one of there detectors. It will help you decide which type to get and even if you like detecting, digging ring pulls, bullets and other artifacts along the road to your fortune.

DD

Welcome to the forum, few things you have to decide is budget and what you will be looking for as there are several types of detectors that all fit a purpose and the area you will be looking for items ie goldfields beach parks etc

Thanks for the feedback got a bit further down the detecting tack the local club has contacted me and i will head to their next meeting. Spoke to a couple of prospectors and a few detecting shops and i have come up with the G2 has anyone any thoughts ?

Latest posts