New Addition to My Family

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shook The Tree Today

Went back today to see how they were going with the repairs
Still haven't got the injector out yet as it might damage the head
I said that they have to remove the head and replace the head gasket so why not remove the head then send it away to be tested and the injector removed (simple)
Their comment was ------ WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR ALL THIS WORK
My comment----- NOT MY PROBLEM
Rang the general manager Toyota (local) and had a long talk to him and i did inform him that they sold me an unroadworthy car (emission system tampered with) he had no comeback on that as he knows i am right
Also told him i was thinking of ringing Dept of Fair Trading as they have had the car since the 26th of last month with nothing done to it

He said he is going to arrange a meeting with the workshop manager tomorrow for me and him to sort it out

Sat and thought about it for a while over coffee and thought stuff them so i made a phone call

Department of Fair Trading NSW is now involved in the case
They nearly died when i told them about the emission system (egr)

Just finished filling out the online paper work and submitted it
will take a copy with me tomorrow and give it to them so they know i am not joking anymore

Tell them you have been advised to not accept a patched up vehicle and you bought it through them as a trusted reputable reseller and will want a full refund to walk away from a dodgy vehicle without taking the matter any further.
That's my 2 cents worth, you deserve better and damnwell demand it.

aussiefarmer said:
Tell them you have been advised to not accept a patched up vehicle and you bought it through them as a trusted reputable reseller and will want a full refund to walk away from a dodgy vehicle without taking the matter any further.
That's my 2 cents worth, you deserve better and damnwell demand it.

i agree, they knew what was wrong with it i bet my nuts on it, i would go down the full refund path including stamp duty and tell em you have had enough and the next step is a court case.

tell them ya sick of it and they havent even done anything since they had it sent back, and not to mention the illegal mods they have done... FULL REFUND OR COURT ITS UP TO THEM....F@%$ THEM.

don't forget to name and shame these pricks so members here don't go there to buy their shyt heaps :)

and get back anything you have done to upgrade it like the jerry can holders and the air bags or tell em they can pay the extra that you spent.... ream them hard.

Ok this is where we stand

Testing proved that #1 injector was leaking as the seal washer was not fitted when it was last worked on that was all the black stuff we thought was melted plastic it was actually carbon build up

1621127422_b.jpg

Also #1 injector was leaking into #1 cylinder causing it to lock
The loss of water after doing a pressure test was a small hole in the radiator

The following is being done
The head removed tested and new gasket
New injectors
New glow plugs
New radiator
New complete EGR system
I supplied a New Catch Can and piping they are going to fit for me at no cost
Hope to pick up this week

So it actually hydro locked. ???

Are they going to check for micro fractures in the piston. ??

Also dial gauge the piston height looking for any variance.

If micro cracks are present, What status is the big end like. ?
Bearing fatigue. ?

Nobody should have to go to these lengths to get action from a supplier. There are too many crooks in business but then they are often the successful ones on a cut throat world. It took me 14 months from the date I returned my incorrect diff to Cosgrove's in NSW to get the replacement. I had to threaten them with legal action and they responded the following day. My diff is still in Perth and Sandra will bring it back on Friday. Hopefully they got it right this time.

If it was hydro locked then the Conrods need checking for straightness, When an engine hydrolocks the pressure has to be released somewhere and the pressure is normally in direct contact with the piston which then transfers the pressure down the conrod and then to the Bearings and then the Crank, So those items need checking, Any mechanic worth his salt will tell you that, If in doubt Ask any engine builder in the yellow pages.