My XP Deus 2016 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same spot 2hrs slow griding, getting results :)

1462606903_2016-05-07_17.30.21_resized.jpg

1462606947_2016-05-07_17.31.37.jpg

Excellent result RKT 3 beauties in amongst it all ,... lotta mystery surrounding the rest of them though, any gems in the rough hidden in the flotsam ? :p 8) :cool: :D

Don't know why but Brits seem to be all or nothing where I am...either surprisingly good or a bumpy mess. Sometimes one side is nice and the other is gone. I suppose they've been in the ground for 100yrs plus....

I read somewhere that some fertilisers really mess coins up. Guess it depends on who is spreading what.

The best quality coins I have found come from out in the bush rather than the parks, although nothing beats the beach for baking up coins.

Nice swinging Rocket BTW.

clegy said:
I read somewhere that some fertilisers really mess coins up. Guess it depends on who is spreading what.

The best quality coins I have found come from out in the bush rather than the parks, although nothing beats the beach for baking up coins.

Nice swinging Rocket BTW.

All around Newy and the lower Hunter has coal, slag etc in lots of places. Coins don't do welL if you are in one of those spots.

Nice hunting again roo, silver chain is a nice one and complete? I think your lil guy there has a bit more than a demon story to him, is that some text along the bottom? Looks kind of goblin-ish.. hoodoo black magix? :eek:

AtomRat said:
Nice hunting again roo, silver chain is a nice one and complete? I think your lil guy there has a bit more than a demon story to him, is that some text along the bottom? Looks kind of goblin-ish.. hoodoo black magix? :eek:
The bracelet is complete, broken clasp. Its grass along the bottom of the gargoyles base, he is prob lead....must be old, using lead as a pendant.

Killing it Rocket, I'd say the pendant is a brass Cornish Pixie good luck charm, possibly from between 1930-40, maybe earlier. Pixie is actually pronounced Piskie on the pendant. Door knockers and paperweights also came with the same figure integrated into them. :)

1462722460_original.jpg