my topaz finds from flinders island

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

$2 coin for scale

I spend 5 days there digging and staying at the holiday house place flew over from Latrobe airport beautiful place I dug a hole waste deep and about 1.3m wide by 1.8m long moved a lot of sand and dirt will add more pics later when I find them on my memory card broke my shovel on the first day but good thing I brang 2 shovels with me found some nice topaz as you can see above went with the diamond valley gem club and the Goulburn valley gem mineral and craft group well work a visit beautiful place :eek: :cool:

Great collection there HTY, and a place I've always wanted to visit. You never get a bad report from that area, and the lack of crowds would be huge bonus.

Don't forget to post some once they're cut mate.

That first pic looks like another planet .
Big @rse billy boulders

:lol:

That must have been an experience and a half ,nice ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks for sharing HTY, I enjoyed reading and looking at your photos.

Its always a pleasure to see any member sharing their adventures with a story and a few pics.

There are many silent members/visitors that take from the forum and very few that give anything back.

Thanks again for the share.

RS

Hope he is O.K. he has booked a site at the Murrylands Gem & Mineral Clubs "Rockarama crystal & Craft Fair and also reserved a spot at the S.A. Metal Detecting Championships" which start tomorrow. He hasn't arrived yet.

yes George came with us I still remember digging his hole for him back in 2011 at Mooralla as for rockarama im not sure but I think hes still trying to unpack his stuff that's what he was doing when I rang him 3 days ago

Thanks for letting me know. I was a bit worried. He was very generous helping newbies like me but I tried to keep him in cake and bickies.... Hope he hasnt lost my address for the newsletter......

Has anyone heard about gems in the Glendinning area of West Wimmera or anythuibg about the Kadnook Goldfields. Have been researching and these keep being mentioned but fleetingly.....

Latest posts