Miss Copperpot finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard they run a tractor over nobbys, and it removes the rubbish, and everything else that we want to find. I went there once, and only found 10 cents. You did the public a favor, removing those nasties :)

50c in a row, you are on a roll :cool: should be no stopping you now.

You definitely have to get up early to beat Sandta to the goodies, but regardless of the result, that Nobbys Beach sure does put on a priceless start to the morning.

Certainly is a magical place to be on a glorious morning like that :p
My first go at beach detecting was on the same patch.
From my poor memory ,i think i got 2x5c and a 10c plus bottle tops and assorted foil items
Ive been back a few times since and found another 50c :D
Dont be discouraged though ... Persistence will pay off ...eventually :rolleyes:
Just ask Rocket :lol:

Thanks Guys,

it sure was a beautiful morning.

I am hanging to go detecting around parks etc, but unfortunately don't have the appropriate tool for digging in the grass so as not to leave a gaping hole or mess. will need to invest in ones shortly. :)

hope all you all spoilt your mother rotten today, and to those who's mothers are no longer with them or farway i hope you were cherishing the fond memories of them :)

I was lucky my mum was up celebrating her own mothers 90th today , so I rang mum to wish her a happy mothers day and tell her I was searching for a Florin for her present ;) i told her that she may not ever receive it but it's the thought that counts :D

Just get a little trowel from bunnings, not their cheapest ones though! A ten buck one will work ok, until you get a digger.

ohh i have one of those and that's what i was tempted to use, that's good to know now, thanks Rocket.

I think my issue at the moment is i am still getting used to locating the position of my find with the detector, so on the beach i can dig quite a hole. may need to get one of those pinpointers too.

Sandta said:
rocketaroo said:
A detector with a pinpoint function, would be a better investment I think.
Sorry mate , i disagree ....
The hand held pinpointer is THE best investment in your arsenal (for park type hunting)
Not essential for the beach , however a good scoop is required

Thats cool, but it will be an investment of 140 or more, for a pinpointer. I think a newbie would be better served, putting that money towards a better detector, that pinpoints. In my mind, its more important to know where to dig the hole/slit, than it is to quickly locate it in the hole :) But a good handheld pinpointer, is almost neccessary!

Hi Miss Copperpot,
Welcome to the forum, and good to see you are haveing fun and enjoying it so much.
just wondering what detector you have

rocketaroo said:
Sandta said:
rocketaroo said:
A detector with a pinpoint function, would be a better investment I think.
Sorry mate , i disagree ....
The hand held pinpointer is THE best investment in your arsenal (for park type hunting)
Not essential for the beach , however a good scoop is required

Thats cool, but it will be an investment of 140 or more, for a pinpointer. I think a newbie would be better served, putting that money towards a better detector, that pinpoints. In my mind, its more important to know where to dig the hole/slit, than it is to quickly locate it in the hole :) But a good handheld pinpointer, is almost neccessary!

perhaps i could invest in both down the track, but at the moment i think the handheld one will get me out of trouble, i can afford to get handheld sooner than the dector with pinpointer. :D :D

bmzgold said:
Hi Miss Copperpot,
Welcome to the forum, and good to see you are haveing fun and enjoying it so much.
just wondering what detector you have

Thanks bmzgold.

I got one off ebay its from china, and it says its an mdetector GC1010. I just wanted to get a cheap one as i know nothing about detecting. This said it was a deep Target sensitive metal detector. I found some reviews on it and didnt seem too bad. :D :D

Latest posts