Miss Copperpot finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

as mentioned in the newbie section, I went on my first ever adventure today with my first metal detector.

majority is junk,

1 squashed can
metal handle off a bucket,
a very rusty screw (quite big)
a nail,
2 x $2 coins
1 x $1 coin.

One other thing I found was what looks like a black rock, with glistening sparkly flecks on top and part of it looks melted...........the detector kept picking this up.

Now I will admit after finding it and hearing that detectors can pick up meteorites too which can be worth some money, I immediately went into plan mode of selling it to NASA and paying off the house, the car, buying the best metal detector on the market and travelling the world for the rest of my natural born life.

however I am a realist too and after looking up on a couple of websites, and doing the magnet test, I have a feeling that all I have found is a hotrock / burnt coal or something like that but it also looks like it has Gold flecks in it.

what do you think??

1430647844_rock_1.jpg

1430647959_rock_2.jpg

Im not sure what it is ... But just going off you've just posted, im sure you are going to fit in here very well :lol:
Keep at it ... You never know ... You may well find that fortune ;)

Who else is wondering about the key, to a one eyed willie? And has anyone seen one, with more than one eye?

Ramjet said:
rocketaroo said:
Who else is wondering about the key, to a one eyed willie? And has anyone seen one, with more than one eye?

It's a reference to The Goonies movie. I gather you are talking about movies of a different genre. :eek:

Oh, lol

Sandta said:
Im not sure what it is ... But just going off you've just posted, im sure you are going to fit in here very well :lol:
Keep at it ... You never know ... You may well find that fortune ;)

Thanks Sandta. ;)

hope to post of many more findings :)

1 thing I did learn the hard way today was when detecting near the shoreline, to never dig with your back to the water, i lost count the amount of times i got soaked! haha

in regards to my avatar have you ever seen the movie Goonies? well this forms part of the map to finding the treasure of the pirate one eyed Willie.

it is a doubloon an old Spanish coin and in the movie Mikey lines up 3 reference points to lead them to the treasure.

unfortunately i can't post links to YouTube yet, but just type the goonies into YouTube and you will find it. :)

rocketaroo said:

Anyone who has watched the Goonies knows what the key is. i think every single human on earth has seen 'one' with more than one eye because we are all born with 2. however unfortunately the Pirate Willy lost one of his eyes probably in a battle. :)

Thats a good lesson to learn early ! And bloody funny too :lol:
I knew the tag at the bottom was from the movie , didnt recognise the coin though :rolleyes:

?? What?? Rocket , you've never seen it ?
Aahhh ,... So thats why you cant find florins :lol: :lol:

The new movie is based upon, a handsome swashbuckling pirate, called rocket, who is cursed by a witch called Sandyta. The curse prevents rocket from finding pieces of florin, so he must journey to many island sites, and dig for the "one true florin" that will break the curse, and reverse it back to Sandyta.

Here is a clue from your movie !

Forty pieces of eight
Lay on a dinner plate
Over a bucket of Florins
Round about the back gate
In rushes Rocket the pirate
No one has seen of them since.

Latest posts