Milparinka / Tibooburra area NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it would be nice to be up there at the moment since the weather is still bloody cold down here.

Caravan site
Dsc02390_zpse27504e9.jpg

Dsc02375_zpsf511bccf.jpg

Dsc02389_zps4b864466.jpg

Dsc02386_zps0cde1473.jpg

Dsc02387_zps5873a4c2.jpg

Dsc02388_zpsd3f14059.jpg

Dsc02382_zpsc53a0e01.jpg

2_zpsb7940b5f.jpg

3_zpsfa02b707.jpg

Were else would you get a X marks the spot for gold, the 2300 would be a killer on this spot

Image2_zpsce89d4df.jpg

Nice posts Guys ...Glad to here the track is good..didn't want to take the Tent...vans more comfy..

Good luck out there fellas great spot tibooburra. Make sure you get a coffee at the shop in town.

About Tibooburra
Tibooburra place of rocks, its a very picturesque little town surrounded by strings of granite boulders. Theres 2 pubs, but if you go for tea at the Family Hotel and theres a tour group or bus load, be prepared to wait for your meal, even if you order before them. Dont forget to take a peek at the paintings on the walls whilst thereLOL. Meals at the Tibooburra Hotel were really good.
We stayed at the Aboriginal Camp Ground, hot showers and clean toilets for $15 per vehicle a night, plus a donation for the hot water. Theres plenty of room to spread out, fire places, but no power.
Town goss has it that Mt Browne Station has been sold, new owner is a local lady whose son has only just moved in. I dont know what their thoughts were on opening up their land for detecting.
Had a trip out to Camerons Corner, and had a beer at the pub.
The Sturt Desert Peas were out in flower.
Met up with some wonderful forum members, Roy and his lovely wife Anita, and also Rick. Was fantastic to chat and compare settings and finds etc. Thanks guys, great meeting you.
Gold well I did find 7 pieces with the SDC, so Wal I did get a rattle in my jar. I found them all on the common. Actually I was shocked at how big the common really was, its huge. I did find an old Chinese coin in an old fire dated 1740 (I think) - thats by far the oldest coin I have found yet. Found it with my Garrett AT Pro.
We had some beautiful sunrises and sunsets, combined with awesome warm weather, what more could a person want? Maybe a big nugget and more time!! LOL. I would definitely go back.
We left Tibooburra Saturday morning, just as we got to Broken Hill the rain started coming down. Roads around Tibooburra were closed shortly after.
I will post some pics when I work out how to shrink them down.
Cheers,
Sheryl

NeoGeo said:
Nice write up Sheryl, I'm looking forward to seeing the Sturt Desert Pea in full bloom. Lucky you :D I use http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Home.aspx for resizing.1024KB is the size you need. By memory i think it is the small image size in the list.

Must just be me...i have tried to use this tool but all i get (even after selecting the smallest size available) is a copy of the image at the same size. Frustrating the hell outta me...

I did notice that regardless of which size i choose, the 1200 x 900 stays the same if that helps?

Any help or suggestions as to what i may be doing wrong?

Cheers
Gypsy

G'day GG,

All I do is open the page, hit Browse, select image, select size (in this case under OPTIMIZATION it's "small file size" in the QUALITY line) wait for it to compress then hit download.
Your new file will say something like
Optimized-187JPG
JPG File
and your file size which in my case has been as low 274KB to 992KB,
Depending on cropping pria to resizing.
If you have trouble finding the image once optimized, I use firefox and the file goes into my "arrow" icon which displays the progress of downloads. I go into there, right click (open containing folder) and there it is in all it's glory.

Hope this helps, I'd hate the thought of all us here missing out on a pic of some GOLD :D

Thanks Neo, perhaps therein lays the problem. I open the provided link and don't see any "Browse" button, just a "Choose File" which i click. I then go to the file on my computer i want and click "open". This then inserts on the Optimizer page, select the smallest setting available and then i click "Optimize Now". However, when i change the required size the box that has 1200x900 it doesn't change with the change of required size.

After that is done it shows a screen saying it has been Optimized and took xxxx seconds but shows going from 49kb > 49kb????
Then i try to upload it as my Avatar and it comes back as too big???

Like i said, it HAS to be something i'm doing....because aside from terminology, it seems i'm replicating exactly what you do but get a different result??? I feel like...WTF??? Hahaha.

Thanks for trying to help, and apologies to Sheryl for going OT....

Back to normal transmission...lol
Gypsy

Need Ramjet to the rescue Sheryl. I'd help you but i have no idea when it comes to technology. I'm looking forward to seeing those pics :p

Latest posts