Its been a long time since I have been detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So long that I forgot which model detector I have. Its a 4500 not a 3500. has been in its bag for a long time now with no opportunities to detect for many years. I spent a couple of years looking after a homestead about 100k north of Coolgardie. Started with a 3000 and updated to a new 4500 in 2007. Found lots of gold but mostly small stuff the biggest about half ounce. Well I think its time to revisit WA. So planning a trip for next year but have forgotten how to set up the Minelab so have to relearn and practice first. The insulation on wiring from head phones has perished and ear padding falling apart, and battery not holding charge. Is there a better sound system than the original? I was thinking about replacing batteries in the power source, Is that the way to go or is there a better way.

Welcome to PA, WP.

The insulation on wiring from head phones has perished and ear padding falling apart, and battery not holding charge. Is there a better sound system than the original? I was thinking about replacing batteries in the power source, Is that the way to go or is there a better way.
I think you'd do well to put up a separate post in the Detector Accessories section with these queries, to ensure they are seen and hopefully answered by the maximum number of members:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forums/detector-accessories.29/

So long that I forgot which model detector I have. Its a 4500 not a 3500. has been in its bag for a long time now with no opportunities to detect for many years. I spent a couple of years looking after a homestead about 100k north of Coolgardie. Started with a 3000 and updated to a new 4500 in 2007. Found lots of gold but mostly small stuff the biggest about half ounce. Well I think its time to revisit WA. So planning a trip for next year but have forgotten how to set up the Minelab so have to relearn and practice first. The insulation on wiring from head phones has perished and ear padding falling apart, and battery not holding charge. Is there a better sound system than the original? I was thinking about replacing batteries in the power source, Is that the way to go or is there a better way.

I don't know anything about these aftermarket batteries but I'd start looking here before repairing the old one.

https://highbanker.com.au/products/...vD1sNWOWq-XUq-gF84c3keYDwtjZXGe8aAm7bEALw_wcB

It's about half the price of the original and looks like perhaps half the weight. Perhaps half the life too but you have to check it out.

There are some really good aftermarket earphones too. I use Grey Ghosts on the 4500 and hey have lasted many years. I think it's worth asking Nenad at Phase Technical to help sort that one out.

Latest posts