Imminent retirement

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeahbut

Mark
Reaction score
Hi all,

Retiring soon, and have no interests to speak of except sailing (can't afford a boat) and rugby league and union.

So I figure an outdoors hobby like prospecting might be the go for me and the boss.

I hope not to ask stupid questions, yeah but I'm going to no doubt.

cheers

Mark

Welcome Mark,
There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. Heaps of knowledge on here mate and overall a great bunch of likeminded people.
Best Wishes on the Retirement.
Mackka

Welcome yeahbut
Ask as many questions as you need. The search function will also bring up heaps of old posts that you might find useful in your search for gold.

Good luck :pickshovel: :goldpan: :goldnugget:

Mmmmmm ... the R word.

Approached my R day quite a few years ago ..... always loved fishing but knew I couldn't fish 365 days a year.

Prospecting was my chosen other R activity after having been out many may years prior (with no success) thanks to a detector that my wife's aunt had purchased (c 1970's).

Picked up most of my initial information from the PA forum (Loamer/Minelab Gold/G0lddigg@).

Haven't looked back but although finds are still regular the gold's getting smaller.

Search PA and then ask away if you can't find what you need.

Get out and enjoy it whether you find gold or not.

Thanks for the kind replies guys, I really appreciate it.

I'm going down the rabbit hole it seems, with what gear to buy, so many choices that I currently know nothing about!

cheers

Mark

Best Wishes Mark.
I got into it about 8 years back, retired about 2 years back.
It takes up much of my time.
The gold does seem to be getting much smaller though, but that makes many of us more determined to research and try new areas.......
Not just in Vic either........

In retirement the most important thing is to have a hobby which involves a bit of excercise, good food and a great nights sleep-all pretty well guaranteed by fossicking/detecting--it's just being out there. :)

This is the thing I reckon Jaros. I know I won't get rich, that's not the point for me anyway, but I'll get a lot of fresh air and exercise.

Looking forward to it...

yeahbut said:
This is the thing I reckon Jaros. I know I won't get rich, that's not the point for me anyway, but I'll get a lot of fresh air and exercise.

Looking forward to it...

Hey you only have to enjoy the change even if it only lasts a while and--if you get bored relax for a while and come back wiser and maybe richer. :)

I've been enjoying hitting stock route dams for feeds of yabbys lately. I can't be bothered picking them apart but the others love them. Just an idea if you're out and about to fill in some time.

1613904692_20210221_215035.jpg

Latest posts