How long till your first (nugget).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I started detecting or had any real interest in searching for gold if you'd have asked me what i considered a nugget I'd have said about the size of your fist. This also seems to be the case for many of my friends and fmaily who don't fossick for gold. When I brought home my first 2 gram nugget and showed it around I was the only one excited. Most people seem to expect something you can wrap your hand around.

All the gold dust at the footings of bedrock really does add up! He's pretty impressed little sis is interested in fossicking. It's no fluke but, about to embark on a Geoscience occupation anyway, my own learning will be useful.

I will find my first nugget first day out with my new GPX5000 when I get it in June, I'm dammed if I will return to the camp site without one...period :) .

stevo said:
I will find my first nugget first day out with my new GPX5000 when I get it in June, I'm dammed if I will return to the camp site without one...period :) .

That's the spirit mate. Seriously though don't be too put off if you don't get any first go, I've had my 5000 a year and still have not detected a nugget, not from lack of trying either. I have learnt a hell of a lot though in a year after really not knowing anything about hunting gold.

Got some more cunning plans to try out on my next trip.

Oh yeah, don't go hunting the Sapphires near Oberon either, it's way too addictive. :)

Heatho said:
stevo said:

That's the spirit mate. Seriously though don't be too put off if you don't get any first go, I've had my 5000 a year and still have not detected a nugget, not from lack of trying either. I have learnt a hell of a lot though in a year after really not knowing anything about hunting gold.

Got some more cunning plans to try out on my next trip.

Oh yeah, don't go hunting the Sapphires near Oberon either, it's way too addictive. :)

I wish you all the best.

The 5000 is a good machine.

Went out to central vic on saturday.

There was a gold detecting club camped off a main
diggings rd Further down the rd there were was 1
prospector on his own Further along there was another
2, then another arrived And another on the otherside :)

Took me 12 months befor I found my first nugget .5 but that was after I had a lesson on what to look and listen for up at Bendigo , made a difference. Must say if Matty84 does not want his pinky nuggets and wants to throw them back he can throw them my way.

Latest posts