GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bacchus said:
Doctor said:
jupiter creek ?? lmao

Sounds good , not far for me to go to watch , I'm thinking mobile grandstands , live on Foxtel , beer tents , could be just like the darts , you guys might just start a whole new sport ! :D

Sorry getting off topic again

what about a hotdog stand, not doing it without munchies ;)

My comment was only to point out what some may be thinking - why show junk & not some nice gold pics. We all love to see gold. Your right, you post what you want & keep your finds to yourself. That is your prerogative. I could care less mate - I see plenty of nice Central West gold in the flesh ;)
Doctor said:
"my 5000 with it's 16 by whatever coil will hit down 3 foot,"
"plus being confident that i hit at least 18 inches to 2 foot down , how much do you think i miss"
I think you miss everything deeper than 2-3 foot + everything that the GPX5000 is well known to miss like spongy/prickly gold & certain specimen gold. These holes are a known fact not fantasy. You will also miss anything that your settings I.e. timings, audio etc. aren't set optimally for.
This is not a shot at the GPX5000 abilities. In my opinion it is still the best for gold. I have no doubt you find good gold with it. There are "holes" in all detectors hence my comment on no one machine getting it all. No one detectorist will get it all either. We all have different ideas on where to search, hearing, attention spans, stamina etc. etc. etc. ;)

Doctor said:
lets one day go out on a known 'flogged' patch and compare notes, jus let me know when ya can , an i will drive !
Is this some type of threat cobber? ;)

One thing is for sure the GPZ7000 will stir up some passionate discussion. I hope it lives up to the hype! Can't see why it won't.
Already we are seeing passionate debate about its coils etc. My info is it will have options, maybe not straight away, & at least one manufacturer may have been approached some time ago about making aftermarket options.

Doctor said:
Bacchus said:
Doctor said:
jupiter creek ?? lmao

Sounds good , not far for me to go to watch , I'm thinking mobile grandstands , live on Foxtel , beer tents , could be just like the darts , you guys might just start a whole new sport ! :D

Sorry getting off topic again

what about a hotdog stand, not doing it without munchies ;)

Glad to see you got your priorities Right, It's not like we enjoy these F%$ing Detectors. Damn shops Made Me Buy it,

Honest :eek:

a threat , are you serious ??

man there are some paranoid's in the world !

i am saying i am not paying an extremely stupid price for something that cannot guarantee better result than what i have now, the 5000 will find what is there

practice makes perfect, is the ol'saying isn't it

Doctor said:
i am saying i am not paying an extremely stupid price for something that cannot guarantee better result than what i have now, the 5000 will find what is there

Pretty big statement Doctor, when I first bought an SDC it was because of a cetain patch that gave up plenty in the past to others, a mate and I detected there with our 5000's and got nothing over a few days even with Sadie coils, same patch with a couple of SDC's started finding Gold within 5 minutes. The 5000 is a great detector but I know for a fact it misses plenty. Any decent bit though it will find no worries but flaky, spiky and fine specimens it will always have trouble finding.

You can almost bet your bottom dollar that the new one will perform in a similar way to the SDC but probably more refined with more powerful timings and will be cetain to have optional coils, it would have to.

Heatho said:
Doctor said:

Pretty big statement Doctor, when I first bought an SDC it was because of a cetain patch that gave up plenty in the past to others, a mate and I detected there with our 5000's and got nothing over a few days even with Sadie coils, same patch with a couple of SDC's started finding Gold within 5 minutes. The 5000 is a great detector but I know for a fact it misses plenty. Any decent bit though it will find no worries but flaky, spiky and fine specimens it will always have trouble finding.

You can almost bet your bottom dollar that the new one will perform in a similar way to the SDC but probably more refined with more powerful timings and will be cetain to have optional coils, it would have to.

mate trust me if the 7000 works to wayeveryone's dreaming , shit yeah i'll have one !

till i see better results on the ground i have covered with the 5000 , the money stays in the bank :cool:

Ridge Runner said:
mbasko said:
Doctor said:
man there are some paranoid's in the world !

There is isn't there. Is that why when you find gold you don't tell anyone? :lol:

Wasup No Mirrors in your House, hahahahaha :D

I have to take ugly pils coz every mirror I use cracks,lol

mate the last ground that i researched had not been touched :cool:

i told of what i found, in close company mind you, and feck me i go to detect again and found i was beaten to the punch, what gave it away was the unfilled holes, now that is wrong

i dont even tell myself anymore , just do it :cool:

Doctor said:
mate the last ground that i researched had not been touched :cool:

i told of what i found, in close company mind you, and feck me i go to detect again and found i was beaten to the punch, what gave it away was the unfilled holes, now that is wrong

i dont even tell myself anymore , just do it :cool:

So don't tell people where you find it....... :rolleyes:

If you have a patch where you have previously found nuggets you have a better than average chance of finding plenty more with an SDC that's for sure.

Still though I'm keen to get the 5000 out and onto some areas and look for some deeper bigger stuff.

Ive been told there will be chips in both detector and coil, both will need to be registered with mine lab, i cant imagine for one second that they would use a shell like the ctx3030 which has interchangeable coils and not offer interchangeable coils.. doesn;'t make sense.. maybe they wont have the coils right away bit as if they would not offer coil options...

jezza28 said:
Gpz8000 will have the option coils lol

Yep shot peened and repainted recycled from old falcons For A Limit Time at A Wreckers Near You,

First come First Served while stocks Last. lol

Latest posts