Goody2shoes Please Read this. Urgent.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All Good.
(Excuse the pun. )
She was quite happy when I spoke to her.
That is correct about communications on her behalf.

Wonderful news.

It does raise an interesting issue though with modern communications. Not saying this applies to Goody, but I personally have no idea how to connect a computer when away from home. Have a good mobile phone with Telstra but don't carry passwords on the phone, they're on the computer and my login to forums like this is automatic, so my only means of communicating is via a mobile if I can get a signal.

Looked into satellite internet, but starting price is $15k and that's quite a few tanks of diesel.

It appears a few members have each others phone numbers, but if one is remote for a month, which we can do with our rig, how do you keep in touch and update everyone when traveling?

Maybe this should be a new thread?

A lot of phones now have a mobile hot spot built in.
You then use wifi to connect to the internet.
Mind you, It does not take long to chew through 2 gigs of data.
When I am out and about, I use it to monitor things here in the workshop
and also on here.
Plus a few emails to keep some folks happy that I am alive and well. O:)

Dihusky said:
Wonderful news.

It does raise an interesting issue though with modern communications. Not saying this applies to Goody, but I personally have no idea how to connect a computer when away from home. Have a good mobile phone with Telstra but don't carry passwords on the phone, they're on the computer and my login to forums like this is automatic, so my only means of communicating is via a mobile if I can get a signal.

Looked into satellite internet, but starting price is $15k and that's quite a few tanks of diesel.

It appears a few members have each others phone numbers, but if one is remote for a month, which we can do with our rig, how do you keep in touch and update everyone when traveling?

Maybe this should be a new thread?

Hi Goody
My name is Brett Im a newbie my brother has a opal shop at lightning ridge he isnt a prosecutor just a buyer and seller if you would like his details you can message me he might have some local knowledge that could be helpful
Cheers
Brett

Welcome back Goody, hope you had a great time and found heaps... :gemstone: :pickshovel: ;)