Goody2shoes Please Read this. Urgent.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tathradj

Doug
Reaction score
OK, Now going public

I do this with all good intentions.

Goody, If you read this, Please contact Nambucca Heads Police Station as
I have initiated a Welfare check on you. Let them know you are OK.
there is no response to your your mobile phone that is not online.

And Please, Put a post up

If any one on the forum see's her or knows where she is, Please PM me.

Folk's, Normally I am very private person but I think this is warranted.
We got to look after each other OK.

well I've come in a tad late...checked out all the concern...which led me to be concerned... :( ...and in just checking in again discovered the good news...unreal work people...so proud to be associated with such caring people :inlove: great work Wishful and Doug and all concerned :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :Y: :cool:

One of the problems when people go walkabout (particularly when going solo) is that when you dont report in when other people expect you to, panic ensues. I learned the hard way many years ago when my wife and I sailed north from Sydney and I duly reported in to the Coast Guard advising them that we had departed, but as we were going a fair distance offshore I wouldnt be able to report in until we hit Southport in Qld.

Well about 6 hours later I got a phone call on my old brick analogue mobile phone from the Coast Guard asking whether we were OK as they werent able to contact me on the VHF. I again advised them that as I had intended to sail about 50 miles offshore I wouldnt be in range and not to bother me as I will sign off in Southport. Nope, they harassed me all the way up the coast. I didnt bother with them after that.

Since then I only tell people who understand, that if I dont arrive at my destination at the expected time, that I have probably been sidetracked or held up due to bad weather. If I find myself in an emergency then I activate my PLB, otherwise they should leave me alone! There are many places in the bush where there is no mobile reception and the people who monitor your progress should be aware of that and make allowances for it.

She use to email me a bit, tho I've only just got back from a 5 week stint overseas and im not up to scratch with the latest goss.
Last I knew she was going opal hunting in lightning ridge.

Goody has been found. :party: :party: :party: :100:
She rang me this morning and all is well.
She has had a few communications issues and is a bit
embarrassed she forgot to tell some folks what she was up
to.
We can look forwards to a rather interesting post from hr as soon as she can establish herself.
She said to say Thank You to those who cared enough to keep an eye on her.