Finds from PushingTin

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coins, plenty of coins too :p

1423078291_2silverings.jpg

It was really strange on this hunt, I found a money hole that produced a Portuguese, American and UAE coin all from the same hole!

The Euro coin was found elsewhere on the beach. Quite a day of international coin collecting.

Also found two 925 silver rings that day :)

Thanks for taking the time to look Sandta :)

That pic was taken at Petra in Jordan. You might recall a scene from Indiana Jones movie which was filmed there once.

Some nice finds there Pushingtin, do you get many other detecting in your area, or or you lucky enough to have most areas to yourself?

Its becoming more common to see detectorists on the beaches these days, some days there might be 3 or 4 other guys on the beach detecting, some days to myself.

I would have to guess still a lot less detectorists here than in Aus though.

A quick question: Is it common to see guys/gals detecting on the beaches in Aus? Do non detectorists keep coming up to you guys and ask what you doing, what you looking for? Do the kids follow you around to see what find? That happens a lot here, hence why I try to go either early morning or late evening.

No, no & no - I detect at night, so don't really have those issues. In the last 2 years, I have never come across another detectorist working the same area. ;)

About the only thing I seem to attract at night are dogs, with owners out for a night walk. Usually with dogs off the lead on beaches that stipulate dogs should be on leads. Nothing better to kickstart the heart to have a german Shepherd rusn up to you out of the darkness.

During the days I have no issue, mainly have people interested in the detector approach me vs kids chasing me around.

Pushingtin said:
A quick question: Is it common to see guys/gals detecting on the beaches in Aus? Do non detectorists keep coming up to you guys and ask what you doing, what you looking for? Do the kids follow you around to see what find? That happens a lot here, hence why I try to go either early morning or late evening.
YES ! On all counts :rolleyes:

I think I found a gold coin at the beach... Looks like someone converted it into a jewellery piece that came loose. Apparently from my research, it appears it is not a real gold coin from 1865 but rather a fantasy coin used in marriage etc. Seems some are gold plated and some are plated over lower karat gold. Its really tiny, and weighs less than a gram but my acid test and electronic tester puts it at 9K. Also found cheap ring and a netherlands coin.
http://www.treasurenet.com//today-s-/167645-gold-coin.html

1423493868_goldcoin1.jpg

1423493868_goldcoinring.jpg

Beaches been sanded in here and only been finding the odd coin here and there over the last couple of hunts.

Last night I managed to pull out 2 rings, both steel. Happy things are starting to change again - still need a good storm to take away the sand!

1429437052_2steelrings.jpg

Went out for a quick beach hunt this morning in the rain! I had also recently read Gary Draytons blog about not only going at low tide but go detect anytime... I missed low tide by about 4 hours so was working much higher up the beach than I usually do.

All this paid off with this unusual ring I found. Stamped .925 and weighs a whopping 15.2g. Looks old but the 925 stamp is a modern stamp mark. It is a locket type of ring, but I can't open the locket from the corrosion. Tried cleaning the ring, but its not working so well.

1432816012_locketring.png

Latest posts