DIY trommel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey lads
These DIY hand trommels you see on you toob are they legal
Just a thought before I went and made one to use at Oallen ford
Any ideas ?? Over to you
Cheers Mud Guts

Hand crank trommel that is loaded with hand tools will be fine, motorised depends on state, often not legal. Vic has a pretty good deal in that respect, as long as is loaded by hand there's not really any restrictions. Personally i would say there are better options, but its up to you, good classification and fine gold retention aren't the easiest things to achieve with a trommel, there are better options.

Mudguts said:
Hey lads
These DIY hand trommels you see on you toob are they legal
Just a thought before I went and made one to use at Oallen ford
Any ideas ?? Over to you
Cheers Mud Guts

If you wind them by hand you'll be fine. My mate had a petrol driven one at the Forde and was asked to pack it up, and had his name and rego put in a little black book. Didn't help that he had the biggest highbanker I'd ever seen, and the only thing that was missing was a Bob Cat. :/

Wal.

Hey mudguts. .. thinkin of building one myself.. thinking of designing it with electric drive plus hand crank.(depending on area) .. might make mine so it is seperate piece from highbanker so if in suspect area no changes to banker are required. :eek: :D :D

Latest posts