Chunky Gold at Misery Creek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a lot of chunky Gold at Misery Creek. This is coarse gold. Off the reef? Found about 4 grams so far. Lots more there. This is some of it. Biggest is .23
I heard a theory recently that places like Poverty Gully were so-named by successful prospectors to put off new chums staking claims there. Your excellent finds at "Misery Creek" lend credence to the theory. Well done!

I heard a theory recently that places like Poverty Gully were so-named by successful prospectors to put off new chums staking claims there. Your excellent finds at "Misery Creek" lend credence to the theory. Well done!
Thank you...in Ballarat, first Gold discovered there is called Poverty Point I think, so it sounds like it's something they did.

Found a lot of chunky Gold at Misery Creek. This is coarse gold. Off the reef? Found about 4 grams so far. Lots more there. This is some of it. Biggest is .23View attachment 14641
Good going there mate. If you are prepared to hike up or down stream well away from where everyone else goes,you will be rewarded. It is tough terrain and getting more overgrown every year.

Latest posts