Blue Bowl Concentrator information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G0lddigg@ said:
Mate I agree that's really cheap you could pay $50 just for the bilge pump
Ended up finding the same kit but with additional snuffer bottle and 3 vials for $112 USD plus postage. Seller on flea bay was moncadesigns805. Can't wait to get it and try it out. I have some cons. to go through and my panning skills are still pretty lame - I reckon anything that helps can't be bad:)

dam wish i had seen this earlier....tbh honest mate you could DIY for under $40.....i made my own blue bowl from bunnings for less than $15 and bought a bilge pump off fleabay for $21 including postage....750gph and easily handles the finer cons but......thats still a good price and saves you building it lol happy concentrating

Good buy mate. Ive made my own too will never be as effective as the real deal lots goes into making a product function at max productivity. Look forward to seeing yoir results

are the blue bowls good for concentrates not really keen on hours of panning was wondering what is better blue bowl or spiral bowl :)

I have a blue bowl, works very well - as said above - when all material is classified the same size.

Don't look to gimmicks for in the creek concentrating, go for a sluice or highbanker or learn to pan faster. If you use a good high quality pan like the Garrett Super Sluice or Garrett Prospector you'll do a full pan in under a minute.

When I am working hard I will pan a load down to the last teaspoon or so of cons and suck them up then reload the pan over the top of the remaining cons. Pan again over and over. Always classify your pan to the size of gold in the area. Eg Nundle I classify at 1/4" whereas on the tablelands I go to 1/8 as there is no gold bigger than that up there. I nearly always run the detector over the spoil pile as anything that gets put aside by a 1/8th or larger screen will be detectable.

I wouldn't look to anything other than a pan or a sluice arrangement for concentrating.

BUT! There is plenty of folks out there with a lot more experience than me that may think otherwise!

This is some blue bowl concentrating I did at Uralla a while back, I've done a bit of panning there in the last week and suffice to say I had it all wrong when I was there the first time, but thas Gold for you, doesn't always follow the rules!

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/gpPvc45Mn9A[/video]

blayke said:
dam wish i had seen this earlier....tbh honest mate you could DIY for under $40.....i made my own blue bowl from bunnings for less than $15 and bought a bilge pump off fleabay for $21 including postage....750gph and easily handles the finer cons but......thats still a good price and saves you building it lol happy concentrating

We built the Walbanker and seriously, after that, wouldn't want to take on another DIY...it wasn't as easy as it looked so happy to buy this kit all ready to go! :)

G0lddigg@ said:
Good buy mate. Ive made my own too will never be as effective as the real deal lots goes into making a product function at max productivity. Look forward to seeing yoir results
Once I get it and try it out I'll post my results :)

Hey all, just new to the forum and to prospecting, been researching like a mad man to get upto speed and increase my chances of having something to show when the adventure is over! My first gold panning session was up in the hunter valley near copeland and all I found was minute specs so I started reading about the blue bowl, almost bought one n then thought to myself "Hang on! I don't even know that this is gold! Hahaha!" Point of my story fellas is,
When the specs are that fine, how can you really test it? It could be mica cause it was sort of flakey. So how do you guys do it?

Cheers
SB

Ben78 said:
I have a blue bowl, works very well - as said above - when all material is classified the same size.

Don't look to gimmicks for in the creek concentrating, go for a sluice or highbanker or learn to pan faster. If you use a good high quality pan like the Garrett Super Sluice or Garrett Prospector you'll do a full pan in under a minute.

When I am working hard I will pan a load down to the last teaspoon or so of cons and suck them up then reload the pan over the top of the remaining cons. Pan again over and over. Always classify your pan to the size of gold in the area. Eg Nundle I classify at 1/4" whereas on the tablelands I go to 1/8 as there is no gold bigger than that up there. I nearly always run the detector over the spoil pile as anything that gets put aside by a 1/8th or larger screen will be detectable.

I wouldn't look to anything other than a pan or a sluice arrangement for concentrating.

BUT! There is plenty of folks out there with a lot more experience than me that may think otherwise!

Ok, so now after the Tuena trip I know a lot more. My panning skills have really improved and find I do like panning very much - I use the Garrett Super Sluice - it was just a matter of watching people in action (aside to all those vids I watched) and practice, practice and more practice. Feeling quite happy with myself ha ha. Anyway, the blue bowl turned up and I put it to the test yesterday with con's we had gathered from Oallen Forde. Could not believe how fine the gold is that stayed in the bowl. After playing around with it for a bit, think I have the water speed running well. I have left it set up and about to get at it again this morning. What a great little invention especially for the fly poo size stuff you get at Oallen. It will be running while I sit beside it panning to see if anything has been missed. Next investment will be the finer sieves. Will post the outcome later today. :)

Here is the blue bowl in action. Gold retrieved so far - approx. 6 cups of con's. Some gold super fine but gold none the less! :)
1400214021_img_0909-optimized.jpg

1400214037_img_0916-optimized.jpg

Have not found anything when panned what I had put through the bowl. I love gold!

TenOunce Tone said:
$112 is a good price for manufactured Blue Bowl, you can make one for less than $20, Just hope the postage dont hit your six, sometimes it can be expensive..

Cheers, Tone

I agree make your own for 10 bucks or so .

Colmaca said:
TenOunce Tone said:
$112 is a good price for manufactured Blue Bowl, you can make one for less than $20, Just hope the postage dont hit your six, sometimes it can be expensive..

Cheers, Tone

I agree make your own for 10 bucks or so .
Nope, was happy to spend the bucks and everything came ready to go.....and it gave us gold. We built our walbanker and that was just a headache.....so will buy rather than build if I can.

Well fellas, Today me and a mate built a dolly pot to crush some Quartz we had collected around in our travels. After testing it and finding it works pretty good i went to get my homemade bluebowl to run the powder and the funnels i glued to the bowl came off. :mad: So i tried to think off a quick fix as i wanted to use it straight away. All these thoughts were racing through my head... Quickest glue to dry? Maybe superglue, 5 min araldite, What about buying some Duct tape... Now thats just plain stupid. So anyway i went down to the newsagents and bought some Bluetac for my Bluebowl (quite appropriate i thought). Rolled the Bluetac into snakes and sealed the funnels together and to the bowl. Well it worked a treat, held out for the 2 hrs i ran it. Definately some fine flour and a few little specks in the concentrate i got out of it. Its drying on top of my computer tower as i type this. Going to have a look under a microscope tomorrow to see what i have. Will report back. Anyway, moral to the story. Besides WD40 and Duct tape, add some Bluetac to your kit. :lol:

Cracka

No way,
Seriously Smurf Poo (Blu Tack)

Who would have thought. So sh#t really does stick.

Yep. thats the stuff. Quite amazed at how strong it was to hold the unit together. I have the water inlet going straight into the bowl and then a piece of plastic glued (sorry now Blu-tacked) to it to direct the current in the right direction and it held up. Will try to get some pics today and post. Never heard it called that Lambs, I like it. :lol:

Latest posts