Another dig with dylannpennack23 and his bro sluice run

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Out at the creek again with dylanpennack23 and his bro who bought a sluice from somewhere and I helped out with some advice on setting it up. Was very greatful we were not out there in the wind yesterday as the trees can get dangerous there! Headed down to the creek, the spot we were going to dig was a little muddy for the cars so went upstream a little and walked into the bush with the gear.

1439270157_2015-08-11_09.26.51.jpg

I dont mind the sluice which he had bought, ive seen them before used a bit and work well. Whoever he had bought it off seems to have made it a littke quick and some easy adjustments will fix it up nice, especially the legs and where the matting flaps up under the grizzly.

1439270190_2015-08-11_09.46.22.jpg

My feet were frozen today from the previous rains flowing down the creek so I thought it would've been a good idea to get some warmth happening, kinda covered the guys in a little bit of smoke..sorry fellas, though the wind would be kind and blow downstream :p

1439270360_2015-08-11_10.50.25.jpg

They seemed to be on some gold for most the day which is a bonus, can't wait too see the cleanup ( though I'm sure the black sand and heavies will keep them occupied .. )

1439270551_2015-08-11_09.27.38.jpg

Hope to have another dig soon guys, hope some tips got picked up with the sluice, setup and clean out! :) Was great to see some brotherly love hacking away at rocks to gain some color
1439270748_2015-08-11_09.46.43.jpg

( give me some time to upload vids..I seem to have problems uploading once the file exceeds 100mb, I'll see if I can sort it tonight / tomorrow )

P.S: Can someone tell me what file size I'm uploading as I have no idea and can't tell from my phone. I hope they are at least 640x480 at the worst... But hopefully 800x600

SCROUNGER said:
Good stuff again Atom and thanks for sharing.
Cheers mate :) Trying not to make the story too boring and fill in some details for the day. The poor fellas are probably still scratching their heads dealing with a lot of black sand to get to their gold lol

After each cleanup, you get at least 1.5cups of black sand in the cons! The material needs a shaker table, almalgam or miller table to speed it up. I pan out the heaviest and put the lights aside for another day

Once again had a great Day out with atomrat passing on some of his knowledge. We got some great advise on running the highbanker and clean ups ext. couldn't of asked for a better person to be around. you don't find many people that would rather help others find the gold and make sure they go home happy top bloke and carnt wait for future diggings.So got back to the brothers to see what we had got and could see heaps of colour about a gram I think :/ not big but a lot just that bloody black sand!!! It's horrible but we manage to have a quick pan of it all got what we could for now. The bro is gonna send through photos so should be up soon but it's hard to get a god photo with the black sand will try get a good pic :)

Beauty cleanup guys! Im sure theres still a lot more hidden in that black sand haha..
My eyes still sting from the fire 8.( .. Anytime guys :D Throw a 5c or $2 into the pan for a photo for scale, I keep forgetting that too

Latest posts